15. I Love You

Disclaimer: I do not own The Maze Runner Series, any characters(besides my own), or any of the ideas. All rights belong to James Dashner.

Fair warning: This chapter will have a few quotes from the book. I'm sorry, please don't sue me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During all the commotion about the other girl finally waking up, I had lost Thomas. I decided to go look for him and went to the Deadheads first since he hung out there sometimes. I made my way to a corner and spotted him talking with the girl, Teresa. I silently approached them and sat down behind a tree, waiting for the right moment to make my presence known. I purposely blocked out their conversation until I heard Teresa ask Thomas if he had told anyone about their little telapathic ability. I knew it was wrong to eavesdrop, but I wanted to hear how she would react to the fact that I knew about them. I quietly waited for Thomas' response.

"Well, when it first happened, I told Newt. But I think he just thinks I was stressed out or something. I told Clara too and she actually believed me. She thinks it's pretty weird. I told her your name too."

I stared at the thick foliage ahead of me as I waited for the girl to speak again.

"Why did you tell her, Tom? She could've told everyone and had us both killed."

I almost scoffed at her response.

"But, she didn't. She's not the kind of person to do something like that. Chuck told me that he accidentally slipped up and told her about me saying that this place seemed familiar to me and she still hasn't told anyone. We can trust her."

"No, we can't, Tom! I can't remember why I feel this way but I know for a fact that she can't be trusted. There's something about her that I don't like."

"Then, why did we help her before we were sent here?"

"I have a feeling that I only did it because you wanted me to."

I rolled my eyes and blocked out their conversation once more as I closed my eyes and rested my head on the rough, scratchy bark of the tree. I had almost fallen asleep when I heard Newt's voice. I quickly stood up and left my hiding spot, making my way over to Newt and standing beside him. I had walked up just as Teresa was explaining that she escaped by kicking poor Jeff in the groin and climbing out of the window. I shot her a hard look, showing her that I had heard what she had said earlier. It didn't seem to effect her in the least.

"Congrats, Jeff. You're officially the first guy here to get your butt beat by a girl."

"Keep talking like that and you'll be next."

I rolled my eyes and spoke up as Teresa's eyes glinted in amusement.

"Actually, Gally was the first guy to get his butt beat by a girl..and if you even think about laying a single finger on him I'll destroy you. And I'm not joking."

Teresa's face became devoid of emotion as I stared her down, ignoring the surprised look on Newt's face. Alby stepped up and began flying off the handle at Thomas, making me question his sanity. I listened intently when he turned toward Teresa, anger swirling in his eyes like a whirlpool.

"What did you do?"

She ignored him, causing him to become irate.

"What did you do! First the sky, now this."

Finally she spoke in an eerily calm voice that annoyed me to no end.

"I triggered something. Not on purpose, I swear it. The Ending. I don't know what it means."