Saint Peters Academy. 12.

Thought you were supposed to be greeting all the students?" A warming smile spread across my face as I entered the gym complex to see Ash sorting the weights equipment.

"You know I could never stay away from you that long." I gave him a sly wink before making my way to the ring.

"Ha, thought so. Couldn't stand waiting at the entrance for the school for hours on end?"

"Not at all.” I sighed dramatically before recounting my day so far, “I was over It within half an hour. It totally sucked. Ugh and all these little junior creeps. One of them even grabbed my but. Dad gave him a weeks detention though." I pulled myself into sitting position at the edge of the ring as he made his way to join me.

"Well that wasn't very nice was it?" He shook his head in a mocking motion.

"No, well the seniors arrive later so hopefully at least some of them are sane."

"Hopefully." He made another one of his scoffing laugh sounds.

"Don't make that noise at me."

"What noise?"

"That scoffy laugh. It makes you sound like you're thinking oh I'm so much older and more mature than you. Your petty issues are so minor. Yada Yada Yada. Blah Blah Blah."

There he goes again.

"Stop it." I put my hands on my hips frowning as he made his way closer to where I sat.

"That is anything but what it means Nean." A pensive look passed across his face.

"Well then what does it mean." My reply came out much softer than expected, almost a whisper.

"It means god I must be the most unlucky person on this earth to have to be you as a student rather than a date."

I suddenly noticed the space between us, or lack of it. Apparently did also leading him to take a big step backward.

"Uh just do some more work on the punching bag, practice what I taught you yesterday."

With an awkward scratch of the neck he turned around before darting in the total other direction and out of the gym.