Saint Peters Academy. 07.

Highly hung over and completely lost I followed Scott through the maze of streets back to the hotel where I found my Mother waiting in the lobby. Quickly ducking back outside before she saw me, I hissed at Scott to join in my hiding behind of the outdoor pillars. Formulating a plan we made our way around the back of the hotel, through the service entrance and back to our rooms without catching sight or sound of another person.

I quickly stripped from my clothing, showered and redressed in record timing before heading down stairs to meet my mother in the lobby.

"Janine, for god sakes where have you been, we need to get to the airport in twenty minutes and you’ve only just woken up. Your fathers was just about to get the receptionist to give him a key to your room so we can wake you. Hurry, get your bags were leaving right away.”

Suddenly I was just one step closer to doom.

With angry glares from the waiting crew we boarded the plan a mere 5 minutes late. Record timing considering all that was done. Glancing around I realized the 12 seated, private air craft was in fact empty other than my own family. Remembering a previous conversation it occurred to me it was still holidays and the students weren't due back for another week.

I wondered how many planes the school, sorry Academy, had. Taking a seat somewhere toward the back I thought about the bits of the previous night I could remember and smiled at the faint memories. I suddenly regretted not getting Scotty's number, and tried to think of a way to get it.

The journey was quick. A mere 45 minutes. The location was in the north of France along the border. Tucked remotely away from anything and everything. The closest city being that of Arqe, a place dedicated to the history of the cutlery. Excitement was just running through my veins at the thought of that one.

Finally, after half an hour of gliding above the run way waiting for the ice and snow to be cleared, we reached touch down. The school towered above me, looking hauntingly down on me from every angle. Dark gray bricks stacked upon each other threatened to crumble and crush, Looming Gothic windows shed me little insight to the building inside. Why did I have to screw up so bad?

The time spent wandering the campus with my family and the year round staff member delegated the duty of touring my family around the school proved to be an utter waste as the enormous building was to much for anyone person to take in all at once. The building was much bigger than I had originally thought.

I was fortunate to find myself in the furthest senior dorm. Located on the top floor at the far end of the building I had more window space than any other room on campus. As I was also the first of my room mates to arrive I gave myself the first choice adequately taking one of two singles for myself.

I was later to find out just how lucky I was to be a senior with my own room as I had a common room to be shared between six people as compared to my younger brother Lucas, who was unfortunately a Junior. He was destined to share a room with three other boys and a commons with 24.

Joseph however truly pulled the short straw on this occasion, landing himself in a shared bedroom with ten other boys and a commons with a mixture of forty Freshmen and Sophomores. Apparently, Seniority was a big thing here.