Chapter 31

"Kuya, when are you coming home? I miss you already."

"Who do you really want to see, me or Ate Ailee?"

"Uhmmm... syempre ikaw Kuya but I was gonna ask too if you can bring Ate along."

"Ayun! Sabi ko na nga ba eh."

"Sige na Kuya please. She hasn't come back here since the first time you brought her. Namimiss ko na s'ya."

"What about me?"

"I already told you di ba, I miss you, too."

It's true, ang tagal na since the last time we were there... together. I never told my family about what happened to us. Hindi nila alam kung paano ko nasaktan si Ailee at kung gaano kalaki ang galit n'ya sa akin. And they don't have to know about it. They will never know about it. Alam kong isang katutak na sermon lang ang aabutin ko from Nanay.

"Kuya! Are you still there?"

"I'm still here."

"Kuya please. Please naman bring Ate Ailee here."

"I'll see what I can do about that. Wala naman kasing reason for her to go with me there. Walang occasion."

"Tell her it's almost my school dance and I need her opinion on picking out a dress."

"What school dance? Pinayagan ka ni Tatay mag-attend ng dance?"

"Oo Kuya. I already asked permission."

"Sinong ka-date mo?"

"Kuya!"

"Tell me or I won't bring Ailee."

"Si Jeff Vargas."

"Jeff Vargas as in Jeffson Vargas, younger brother of Jim?"

"Yes, Kuya."

"Okay. He's a nice boy."

"So, will you please bring Ate Ailee?"

"Oo na, sige na. I will ask her."

********

"Totoo nga. I'm not making this up," I said to Ailee. I'm tyring to convince her to come home with me but she won't believe the reason I gave her.