Subconious fear

Kiba?

By the time I search for him, he's disappeared into a crowd of people. I don't know whether to be ecstatic I just saw him again or scared he's risking his life just to tell me I'm powerful.

I wonder if he knows anything about my brother. I notice I've been standing in front of the cafe staring at the floor with my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. I shake my head and decide to make my way back to the guild. When I pass by the bush that, I think Kiba, had passed by no one is even there. Great, now I'll be even more paranoid about someone watching me.

Arriving back at the guild I sit down at the bar and request for a water.

"Are you ok, (Y/n)? You seem upset." Mirajane asks as she hands me a glass of water.

"Yeah. It's been a weird today to say the least." I reply after thanking her and taking a sip of water.

"It's usually weird everyday in the guild." She chimes and I chuckle. It's true, there's not one normal day here. "I forgot to ask, how was the pool yesterday? Did Gray like your bathing suit?!"

"It was great! And I guess. . ." I say honestly. I don't really know the answer to the second question. I have a hard time believing the answer would be "yes."

"You should enter the Miss Fiore contest this year!" Mirajane suggests and she giggles at my confused look. "Every year their is a contest where the girls in the town compete to get the title "Miss Fiore". Whoever wins gets to be on the main float in the parade but I heard they are switching it up this year. They are going to have a Mister and Miss Fiore! People can enter as couples or the fans get to pick who they want to be a couple! You should enter with Gray!"

"I don't think so. Juvia will probably pick him first." I counter. I would never have the guts to ask him anyways and even if I did he'd probably rather be with Juvia so why would I put myself through the pain of being rejected when I can just avoid it altogether?

"Not if you do! Even if you don't sign up as a couple I'm sure very one will vote for you to be the couple anyways! You are both so cute together!" She chimes as usual. I wish I had as much faith in myself as she does.

Lucy comes up and thankfully steals me away from this conversation to invite me over her house later. Team Natsu's going to watch a movie which has yet to be picked. I agree and go over to the job board like earlier today. Should I tell someone about what happened to me earlier? I don't want to stress any of them out.

One of the request catches my eye, about a library here in Magnolia that someone keeps stealing books from and setting up traps to replace them. The reward is. . .

One million jewels!!

I immediately swipe it off the board, even though I can't do it today since it's almost time to go to Lucy's, I don't want anyone taking it.

A few minutes later I walk to Lucy's place while constantly looking over my shoulder to see if someone's following me. I exhale a sigh of relief when I finally reach our apartment complex, the button to our floor lighting up as I press it. Gray steps in right before the doors start to close. I greet him while we ride up together.

He knocks on Lucy's door and we here her yell for us to come in. The rest of the team is already here and Lucy sends me a pleading look. The couch has been pushed back and I assume Natsu made the fort that's taking up all the space in the living room. Blankets are layered on the floor, perfect for laying or sitting on. Pillows are also out along with popcorn and candy.