Recovering

I sit up, gasping for air drenched in a cold sweat. Lucy is asleep in a chair next to me. I'm at my house and it's dark outside.

How long was I out for?

I silently get up and go to my living room, careful not to wake Lucy. I notice on the clock it says 2:47. Has she stayed with me however long it's been since I passed out. I have to admit that I feel a little sad since Gray isn't sleeping there instead but I shake it off.

I take a seat on the couch and rethink all that I remember. My parents, my brother, Kiba. . . I wonder what happened to all of them. Obviously my brother was, or is, a horrible person.

I'm suddenly overcome with this nauseating feeling in my gut, something feels off about Kiba though. My memories of him don't seem entirely true, like I wasn't looking through my own eyes when I was with him. I ignore it and head to the kitchen.

I grab a container with raspberries in it and chuck one into the air, successfully catching it in my mouth. I smirk and turn around, hitting my elbow on a pan, causing it to come crashing on the ground with a bang. I cover my mouth with my hand hoping I didn't scare the crap out of Lucy but I hear heavy footsteps running out of my room.

Lucy comes out with leos key in her hand but she lowers it when she notices it's just me and runs up to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"(Y/n) your awake! I was so worried when you just passed out like that, everyone was!" She says pulling away. "Makarov said that you should wake up within a day since you only regained a bit of your memories. Gray insisted on staying with you just incase you woke up but I wasn't about to let him stay alone with you, especially since he likes you" 

I sleepy smile at the thought of Gray being concerned but he does not like me. I'm not about to agree with Lucy since I can barely keep my eyes open. "Whatever. I'm really tired so I'm gonna go back to sleep. You can sleep on the couch and just stay since it's almost morning."

"Ok. Night." She responds. I give her a pillow and a blanket before going back into my own room and falling into a deep sleep.

I wake up to the sound of multiple voices in the other room. I glance at my clock and see it's almost 10. I swing my feet over the side of the bed and scowl. No matter how much I don't want to get up, I must.

"Did she wake up?" I hear Gray ask.

"Yes, she did but let her sleep, she was very tired." Lucy responds to him. I forced my legs to move to the door and dragged myself into my living room. I see Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Happy, and Erza all standing there. Even though I probably look like a zombie I'm to tired to care.

"Morning." I groggily say to them as I walk out. Once I'm next to them Gray wraps me in a hug and I almost fall asleep again.

"I'm glad your ok." He says and I feel someone else hug me also.

"Yeah me too." Says Natsu and I can almost imagine the closed-eyed smile he's wearing. I laugh as they both release me and Erza pats me on the back. Happy hugs me also, I have to admit he's growing on me.

*Slight time skip to after she gets ready because I'm lazy so they're at the guild now*

I rest my head on the table at the Guild Hall. Everyone at the guild is gathered around checking up on me. I reassure them I'm fine but in reality it feels like I'm using what's left of my energy just concentrating on breathing.

Natsu comes up, sitting next to me with a glass of water. "Here, your probably dehydrated so drink up." After thanking him I drink some and yawn. Gray sits on the opposite side of me with a plate of food. He starts eating and I just continue to stare at the food until he's about half way done. He sighs and looks over at me, pushing the plate of food in front of me.

"Go ahead." Gray signals.

"No, it's ok it's your food." I say feeling bad for staring.

"Really it's ok. I know how much you love food." He says and I purse my lips, trying to hide the smile that's on my face. I have the rest of the food gone in about 2 minutes and then rest my head on the table again.

"You and Gray just indirectly kissed." Lucy leans over the table and whispers just loud enough for me to hear. All the color in my face drains and is replaced with tinted red. I don't know if I should be happy or embarrassed.

"What did you just tell her? She looks like a tomato!" Natsu laughs and Lucy shrugs as if she doesn't know.

"Oh, we were supposed to play truth or dare tonight, we can postpone it since you probably don't feel up to it." Lucy says, thankfully changing the topic.

"No, it's ok. If I take a nap I should be fine." I shoot up at the reminder. I was looking forward to this for a while, although I might regret it.

"That should work out good since we have a job to go an and your in no condition to work. Go home and rest up. It will start here at 7." Erza says and I nod as I get up and make my way to the door.

"I'll walk you home." Gray says jogging to catch up with me. Usually I would try and fight him on it but I know that he never budges and I'm to tired to fight him.

My feet feel like cinder blocks are tied on them with each step I take. If I don't hold a conversation I might fall asleep standing up. . .

"Do you want to know what I remember?" I ask Gray. Honestly I'm surprised why no one has asked yet.

"If you want to tell me. Everyone agreed not to ask until you wanted to share it. We'd give you time for it to sink in." Gray explains as he shoves a hand in his front pocket. I guess I understand that. Speaking of which sometimes I wonder what some of my teams back stories are but just like Gray said, I'll let them share it when they want to.

I explained to Gray what happened and he looks genuinely interested the whole time which made me want to know even more about my past. It's like a book where you get to the end and it's a cliffhanger. You're scared to read the next one but you can't stand not knowing what happens either. By the time I'm done we are back at my apartment.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. I have to get back before Erza chops my head off but we can talk more about it tonight." Gray suggests and I nod, unlocking my door.

"Ok. Thanks for walking me home. I probably would have fallen asleep if I didn't have anyone to talk to. Bye." I say and side hug him. I close the door behind me and shuffle my feet to my room. As soon I I sat on my bed I was out.

I woke up at 6:45 and jumped out of bed. If I was quick enough I'd still make it to the Guild Hall on time. I felt much better then earlier so I just brushed my hair and ran all the way to the guild.

When I enter I stopped and rested my hands on my knees, bending over to catch my breath. Almost everyone was staring at me so I smiled awkwardly and went up to Mirajane and requested some water.

She gave some to me and after drinking half of it I stopped and set it on the bar.

"So are you excited to play tonight? It's always a lot of fun!" She said enthusiastically.

"Yeah! Although I feel like I'll regret it." I say honestly as Team Natsu walks through the door.

"Oh trust me. You will." She says winking at me with a smile before turning around to help someone else. It doesn't concern me that much that she said that, what's the point of Truth or Dare if nothing exciting happens?

"Ok. Everyone playing truth or dare meet in the back room of the guild." I hear Mirajane say through the speakers I smile. So it begins.

Are you excited for the truth or dare chapter?! I'm currently driving to Atlanta, GA right now, well by the time I post this I will have been here for a day or two.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Actually I've been home from Atlanta for months.