My childhood

I'm 5 years old. I look up at my 13 year old brother who is talking to me about how great magic is and how I should learn it.

"I mean, there's SO many different kinds! Earth, air, fire, water, ice, shadow. Think of all the possibilities! Some day I'm gonna be the most powerful wizard there is and I'll have my own guild!" Kuzaki, my brother, says while staring off into space. Me, being a little kid and all, just sat on the floor next to him, playing with my doll because I found no interest with the topic.

A beautiful woman walks in the room. She has brown, curly hair that goes just passed her shoulders and looked to be in her late 30's. She was my role model since she was my mother.

"Time for lunch!" She informs with a smile. My brother and I walk into the kitchen. I spot my father sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in his hand and run to him, climbing up onto his leg. He chuckles and ruffles my hair. His hair is a soft brown and his eyes are greyish-blue.

I wondered if my hair would turn brown like my parents but didn't ponder it to long as my mom set food on the table. A smile spread across my face as I stared at the delicious food. I scrambled to the other seat. I immediately went for the watermelon, picking up several giant chunks and attempting to fit them in my mouth.

"Woah, slow down, pumpkin." My dad says to me and I scrunch my nose at him.

"I don't like pumpkins." I inform him with watermelon juice dripping off my chin.

"Then what do you want me to call you?" He asks. I purse my lips while thinking.

"Bacon. I looooove bacon!" I respond and everyone laughs.

"How about piggie since you eat all the food in the house?" Kuzaki suggests. At the time I didn't get it so I stared blankly at him.

Suddenly I'm 7. My brother has started practicing magic, even though my parents didn't like it very much. My dad used to be in a guild, but isn't anymore since he didn't want to risk his life after he found out my mom was pregnant with Kuzaki.

"(Y/n) look!" My brother was showing me his powers. He had learned Illusion Magic. He could make certain people see certain things.

"What? I don't see anything." I said looking around but stopped when I saw a boy standing in front of me. "Kiba?"

Kiba was my best friend. He had black hair and dark gold eyes. (Picture above.) We went to the same school and hung out a lot, his dad even taught me some magic. He was 10. I did have a crush on him and my brother figured it out.

"I see your getting better at your Illusion Magic. It's almost as if he is real." I say turning to my brother who chuckles.

"That's cause he is here." He states and turns his back to me in order to practice his magic more.

"Kiba!" I exclaimed running up to him and tackling him in a hug. He laughs and hugs me back. He used to be so hard to talk to, he'd clam up a lot but over the years I had loosened him up.

"Hey, (y/n). Would you like to practice with me and my dad?" He asks with a hopeful smile and I nod.

"Let me tell my parents first." I say skipping back inside and finding my mom.

"Mommy, is it ok if I go over to Kiba's for a little?" I bat my eyelashes cause she never says no to that.

"Ok, but be back for dinner." She says and I squeal, giving her a hug before running back outside.

"She said yes!" I tell Kiba and his face lights up with a smile. We go back to his house, which was a few houses down from ours.

"Hello, (Y/n). Ready to train?" Kiba's dad asks when we arrive in his backyard and I nod.