All my fault

My brain barely had time to register that the dark figure on the cliff is Gray before he jumps off.

"(Y/n)! Do Screech of the Earth Dragon!" He shouts, still pretty far away from me. I'm not sure what good that will do. Even if I made the ground closer to me, I'm still falling to fast to survive the landing. My hair whips around in every direction, making it hard to see through my burning eyes.

"What?!" I yell back, voicing my question with the little time I have left. Gray holds his arms and legs close to his body so he fall towards me faster.

"Don't ask! Just do it!!" Gray demands harshly so I hold my fist out and start to screech, closing my eyes to focus on the ground beneath me. The earth starts to rumble and my chest tightens. Gray is almost directly in front of me now, but Kuzakis form appears on the edge of the cliff.

The rising ground is approaching extremely fast making me wonder what Grays plan is. How did he even find me here in the first place? If he did read the letter it didn't say where I was going to be!

I'm about thirty feet from the strip of rock I brought up, making a sloop towards the ground. I continue to screech even though my throat begs for me to stop. If I do stop, the ground will split apart, puncturing and killing not only me, but Gray. He's already in enough danger being here, I don't want to cause anymore.

Gray grabs onto my foot, pulling me towards him and linking one arm under my knees and the over around my back. We will hit the ground any second. I squeeze my eyes shut, clutching onto Gray for life, trusting he has a plan that doesn't involve us just barrel rolling down the hard rock.

"Ice make: Slide!" Gray yells, stretching the arm previously wrapped around my back, in front of him. The slope of rock I formed starts to get covered in ice on all sides. How did he think of this brilliant plan so fast?! Obviously if he made the ice slide start mid air it wouldn't have any support at the top and would crumble, but by telling me to form a raised up area underneath it for support, it's able to stand up. Not only that, but since the slope is covered in ice, it will take longer to break apart so I can stop screeching finally.

Gray places his feet on the slippery ice, me still in his arms as he slips down the slide. I start laughing at how insane this all is. I'm having a hard time processing all that's happened in the last few hours. I burry my face in a Grays neck until we make it to the ground in front of the town.

"We gotta get behind something!" I exclaim to Gray as we scramble to get up. I run behind a knocked over table, assuming Gray is behind me, following closely. Pressing my palms against my ears as the crackling ice gets louder until the rock explodes. Thankfully it didn't pierce the table but when I glance over to check on Gray I find that he isn't there.

I stand up, whipping my head in every direction to try and find him but a thick cloud of dirt and dust blocks most of my view. It slowly starts clearing and I see an outline of a person standing in the middle of the cloud, wondering how they are able to even breathe.

The person, who I really hope isn't Kuzaki is standing, arms out a little way from his body, fingers outstretched. His legs are slightly parted.  The dust clears just in time for me to see the person, who is Gray, turn his head downward to inspect his stomach.

The sight I had in front of me was worse then I could have ever imagined. His eyes look up to meet mine, filled with tears. He's trying to fight the sleep that's about to take him. His shirt is covered in bright red splotches of blood, rock sticking through several parts of his chest and abdomen.

My blood boils and tears fill my eyes. I quickly run to him, noticing a prong from another grappling hook is dug a few inches into his back, still connected to the chain which leads off into the cloud of dirt that's moved further back.