Bad idea. . .

I'm sitting at the bar chatting with Mirajane about random topics when Gray taps me on the shoulder in order to go find Jean. I say goodbye to Mirajane who cheerfully waves back.

"We need to go to the forest on the west side of town. That should be pretty close to here." I said to Gray as we stroll out of the guild hall.

"Yeah. Maybe 10 minutes on foot." He adds. I zone out thinking back to the first night they found me. That note. I still haven't found out what they've done to me but I will, no matter how long it takes me. Then an idea hits me.

"Do you think I have a memory spell on me?" I look over at Gray who has a puzzled look on his face. "The people who left me at the guild, I remember hearing of a spell that when used multiple times can completely wipe someone's memories. If you say or hear some key words you can gain bits of your memories back."

"I've heard of it too but I've never seen it done on someone. That could be a possibility." Gray responds as we start to reach the forest.

I take my shoes off and scrunch my toes in the green grass. The air seems so fresh here. Maybe it's just cause I'm an earth dragon slayer so I love these things more. It all looks appetizing too. . . Although seeing a random girl eating dirt would be pretty weird.

Suddenly a whiff of something changes the smell in the air. It smells like the town we were just in. Jean!

"He's over here." I say and gesture to my right. Gray follows me as the scent gets stronger. After about 5 minutes I see a red tent that must be Jeans since no one else would be camping up here.

"Jean?" I yell when we get up to the tent. The bush next to us moves and his head pops, he's covered in green paint and has leaves glued to his camp outfit. I try to hold back my laughter as Gray tells him we got rid of the cockroaches.

"Oh good! Thank you so very much! I realized that sometime yesterday I felt perfectly better and all the bruises were gone! It must have been connected to you killing them all." Jean exclaims and hands us the jewels. "Here is the reward I promised. Please come visit the place again when I have fixed it up." After that he ducks back into the bushes.

I sort the jewels out as we walk and hand Gray his share. "Here's your half of the 600,000 jewel reward." I tell him but he stuck his hand up and pushed the money back to me.

"You keep all of it. I really didn't do much since the ice didn't work on them." He says kindly but I stick my hand out towards him again.

"Please take it cause if you don't I'll feel guilty!" I insist but he doesn't still making me scowl at him.

"Nope. Don't. You need it more then I do." He replies while looking straight ahead still. I shove the money back in the bag knowing he won't budge. I guess it's just more money to go shopping with. Once we reach the guild hall everyone congrats me on completing my first mission.

Once everyone finished I went and sat down at the table next to Lucy who's eyes gleamed with excitement. "Are you ready?!" She squeals making me laugh.

"Yep. Let's go!" I agree but Natsu pops up behind us.

"Where are we going?" He asks and Lucy gives him a death glare.

"It's not 'we'. Just (Y/n) and I are going." Lucy responds. I just shrug and smile at Natsu who trudges away in defeat.

We walk up to the large mall that I didn't even know was in this town and Lucy hops up and down while walking inside. "Ok! This store first!" She sings while grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me to the closest store.

What have I gotten myself into?

In about five seconds flat she has a pile of clothes resting in her arms that she wants me to try on. I reluctantly walk into the the fitting room and put on the first outfit one.

I peak my head outside the door and yell for Lucy but she isn't there. I tip toe out, hoping not be seen by anyone in this type of outfit. I finally find Lucy and my face turns white when I see her talking with Gray and Natsu, who's eyes are now glued to me.

I pull down the dark blue skirt, if it can even be considered that, that barely covers my butt. I also pull up the tiny crop top that matches. I quickly shuffle back into the fitting room despite Lucy urging me to stay out so she could see it up close.

I close the door behind me and immediately cover my face with my hands in embarrassment. I put my old clothes on and sift through the pile of other outfits Lucy chose for me. All of them are showing to much skin for me so I don't even bother trying not them on. I walk out while looking at the ground and hand the clothes to Lucy.

"I'm gonna pick out some of my own preference." I say without meeting her eyes and scope the shelves next to her.

"What was wrong with these?!" She furrows her eyebrows. I pick up a black tank top and two flannels to go with it, one blue and one purple.

"They show too much skin for my liking." I respond and she says she'll try them on instead.

"I'd like to see you try these on." Gray says turning around, and my eyes widen when I seem him holding up a pair of underwear that wouldn't really cover much.

"Uh, no." I reply. Is he crazy? No way. And how did they even find us here? I wonder if they followed us.

"Aw, come on! It has a matching top!" Natsu says holding up a matching bra. People start giving us weird looks so I turn away, attempting to make it look like I don't know them.

I finish choosing an outfit and walk into the dressing rooms. When I come out I'm wearing a black tank top with the blue flannel, along with denim shorts and a snapback.

"That's super cute!" Lucy chimes making me smile.

"Thanks! I'm gonna get it!" I respond going back into the changing room and dealing for my old clothes before paying for the new ones.

We spend about 4 hours shopping which I discovered I highly dislike. I got quite a few cute outfits and still have a lot of money to spare.

"One more shop I want to take you to." Lucy says with a smirk on this face. Well this is gonna be a bad idea but I follow. We walk into a shop that's full of dresses, fancy and fun.

"No way am I getting one of these!" I yell at Lucy. She's already lost in the aisles of dresses.

"Oh good they still have it!" I hear her voice exclaim from one of the aisles. "and yes you are. You're gonna need it, trust me."

"Um. . . Should I ask why?" I question. And she shakes her head.

"The time will come soon." She responds mysteriously. She hands me a dress that does look quite pretty but I'm not the type to wear dresses unless I absolutely must.

I change into the dress which is sleeveless with a black bow on the front. It flares out at the waist and is mostly white with a black design on it but has some solid black sections. (Picture of the dress up above) Lucy got me black stilettos to match which I love. I step out of the dressing room and immediately Natsu's eyes widen.

"Woah. . ." He whispers before tapping Gray on the shoulder who turns and has almost the same reaction. I walk towards them and place a hand on Natsu's forehead.

"You ok Natsu? You look like a tomato." I say to him before going over to Lucy. "Maybe I should wear dresses more often. The reactions from them are priceless." I point behind my shoulders at the two idiots who are still staring.

"Well can you blame them? You look amazing! We are totally getting it!" She responds and I nod. I pay for the dress and once the two guys snap out of it we head to Lucy's.

I keep all my clothes in the bags since I'll be hunting for an apartment to move into and there's no sense in unpacking just to pack it all up again.

I search through the newspaper for 30 minutes while everyone chatted before deciding on a place I'd visit tomorrow.

Hey everyone!! What do you think is gonna happen with the dress?

Also where is she gonna rent? 😏

Guess you'll have to wait to the next chapter!

Don't forget to comment suggestions and vote!