ⅩⅩⅥ

"Women always figure out the truth. Always."

You'd like to think that by now, Elara has planned out every detail for her escape plan and is preparing to make her great escape this very moment but unfortunately, that isn't true.

Her cheek was pressed flat against the bed of her prison cell and she stared at the wall with fresh tears at the brim of her eyeline. She felt everything and nothing all at once. Being completely broken is an unseen, unheard, silent killer. It's the pain that's too much to cope with, too hard to deal with and so misunderstood. Elara couldn't escape it no matter how hard she tried, because it followed her around like a black shadow that's on the inside, reminding her every second that she was powerless.

Crying had always been known as either a healthy release or a distraction to the Jedi but now, it just seemed like a habit for her. Eventually, the tears had soaked up what was left of her dignity and she managed to push herself up to wash her damp face in the sink. Her movements came in stumbles and after stopping to whimper, she tripped over her own pride.

She fell forward, catching herself on the porcelain sink and bowed her head, her shoulders shaking. A sense of deja vu swept over her, as the ghosts of her past paraded around her and within her, a sneaky reminder of all the nights she had spent wishing he would come back to her. She struggled to keep breathing when her entire body seemed to sag with exhaustion and numbed agony.

For a second, she found herself wondering how it was even scientifically possible for her to end up in the position. She was basically diagnosed with Stockholm Syndrome since she was both attracted and derangedly in love with her kidnapper, her children are also the secret children of her monstrous kidnapper and she had all the specific traits of a crazy person.

Her door opened and in came another dumbfounded stormtrooper, too wound up in his own reality to realize Elara was already on the move. He carried a tray which was supposed to be her breakfast but was completely caught off guard when Elara kicked the tray of food, catching the tray and whacking the stormtrooper in the head. He immediately fell to the ground with a loud slump, and she dragged him towards the bathroom.

Soon, she was dressed in his full uniform and had his blaster in her possession. She rounded the corner of the floor she was on and began to make her way towards the elevator in hurried strides. Multiple other stormtroopers gathered in the elevator, all equally as silent as she was. What surprised her the most is when General Hux also crept into the elevator.

"General Hux?" A stormtrooper spoke.

"What is it?" The stern man replied, clearly busy with his own crisis.

"Captain Phasma has hinted that one of our own has betrayed us. What happened sir?"

Hux's jaw clenched and his blue eyes scanned over the group of stormtroopers, he was agitated. "FN-2187 has helped Poe Dameron escape the ship."

A breath of relief escaped her lips right as the elevator door opened and she began to walk out.

Hux's head snapped up. "You there!" He pointed her out.

Her shoulders tensed and she stopped in her tracks, she had been caught.

"Why are you getting off on the floor the prisoners are held?" He questioned.