Chapter 33

Lux's P.O.V

I open my eyes to reveal Sebastian in front of me, with the demon sword run through his heart. He falls to the ground as Claude removes the sword from him.

"SEBASTIAN!" I drop on my knees next to him. "Sebastian." Tears form and threaten to fall. I don't want them to, but they do anyway. I begin to cry.

'I can't save him. I don't have a spell to heal demons.' I then feel my journal and wand burn in my hands. I drop my journal and it opens itself to a new page, where words are being burned onto it. 'A spell.'

" 'Qui mundum sentire... dolorem. Partis odium. Mei... lacrimam sit amet sana me unum. Aeternae... mate'." I manage to chant in between sobs. My eyes glow brighter than ever. 'I don't think it's working.' I cry harder. My sobs echo throughout the air and are carried by the wind.

A gentle snow starts to fall. Eerie, but comfortable. "Sebastian. Don't leave me." I beg. My tears freeze in midair and shatter when they hit the ground. 'I can't stop crying. Why?'

Around me, everyone else is crying. Even Claude. 'They're feeling my pain.' I turn back towards Sebastian and grab his hand.

"Don't leave me. You said you'd protect me. Please."

After a while, the wound on Sebastian glows a silvery white. 'Is... is it working?' When the light ceases, the wound is gone.

Sebastian jolts up to a sitting position only to be knocked down by me. "Sebastian." Is the only thing I can say.

"I am sorry for worrying you, Lux." He holds me close to him and I start to hiccup.

"I-I *hic* th-thought that *hic*-"

"I am alright. It is over." I bury my head into his chest. He picks me up and walks somewhere, probably over to Ciel and my friends.

"Young master, we should arrive to the manor as soon as we can. I need to treat Lux's injuries right away." Sebastian says.

"Then let us be on our way." Ciel says. Sebastian starts walking again. He jumps up onto something and we start moving again. I pull my head away from his chest to see that I'm up front with him. I rest my head on Sebastian's chest. He chuckles.

"Tired, are we?"

"Well, I did just have to save a dying demon."

"Out of all of the times I had to save you?"

"And you weren't tired afterward?"

"Not at all."

I don't say anything else because I fall into a dreamless sleep.

Timeskip brought to you by Sebastian's silverware

Lux's P.O.V

I wake up to see a dark room. I panic for a moment until I realize that I'm back in my room at the Phantomhive Manor. I look to my right and find my bear next to me. To my left are my wand and my journal on the nightstand.

My clothing feels lighter. I look down and see that I'm in a nightgown. My wrists are wrapped with bandages, and I can tell my back and legs are as well. Everywhere feels sore. 'I didn't think it was that bad.' It hurts to move even the slightest bit. 'I need to stretch.'

The second I get up, my legs fail me and I fall to the ground with a thud. Pain radiates through my body. 'Big mistake.' I sit still and wait for the pain to go away. A knock is heard on my door.

"Lux, are you okay? What fell?" Sebastian asks through the door.

"I think I'm okay." I respond. Sebastian opens the door to find me on the floor. He shakes his head, picks me up, and lays me in my bed.

"Why were you on the floor?"

"I wanted to stretch. Everything is sore and hurts."

"I do not think you will be walking around for a few days."

I cross my arms and pout. He chuckles. Sebastian starts to leave, but I grab the end of his tailcoat. He turns around.

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

"Anything for you Lux."