Chapter 15

Ciel's P.O.V

'Just look at all of this paperwork. If those grim reapers didn't attack earlier, I could have been halfway through this by now.' I sigh. I look up when I hear a knock at my door. "Come in."

I'm surprised when Mey-Rin enters. "Elizabeth is here. Yes she is." She informs me. Elizabeth shoves Mey-Rin aside and jumps onto me.

"Lizzy?" I ask, shocked that she would return. 'Well, she is my cousin after all. But at this hour?' "It's awfully late for you to be visiting. What will auntie say when she finds out?"

She releases me and pouts. "I wanted to see you, silly. And Lux." 'Lux? I guess she's taken quite a liking to Lux.'

I sigh and facepalm. "I can't send you home at this hour. Mey-Rin, please prepare a room for Lizzy."

"Of course, master." She then leaves.

"Where is Lux?" Lizzy asks.

"She has retired for the night, along with the others. Please do not bother them while they are sleeping." I inform her.

"Okay." She then leaves the room.

Lux's P.O.V

I jolt awake from another nightmare. 'Why can't they just go away.' I sit there and ponder on the horrifying dream. I have to. They have meanings sometimes. 'It felt so real, it must have been a premonition. No no no.'

I jump out of my bed and race down the hall to Taika's room and see Lizzy in front of the door to Taika's room. She turns her head towards me when I stop running. 'I knew it.'

"Lizzy, when did you get here?" I ask her, knowing she wasn't here when I went to bed. I reach up and fiddle with my wand, which is disguised as a necklace once again.

"I came to visit." She smiles.

I frown. "I thought you didn't get along with Taika."

"Well, I wanted to start fresh. We didn't exactly start off on good terms."

I studied her attire, the skirt of her dress longer than usual. 'I guess it's cold out. Like I'd know. I can't feel the cold.'

Taika's door opens and Taika comes out. "What's going on?" She walks over to me, not noticing Lizzy.

"Lizzy's here." I tell her. She turns around to spot the blonde girl.

"Oh, I see." Taika murmurs.

"I just wanted to start over again and have a better relationship with you. We didn't really hit it off as friends." Lizzy tells her.

"Okay, but couldn't you have waited 'til morning?" Taika asks.

"Not really."

'But what about my premonition? Was it wrong? Maybe it was just paranoia.' I yawn and turn around, only to hear someone to unsheathe a sword and the tearing of fabric.

I turn around to see Lizzy wielding two swords, much like she did on the Campania. Her skirt is torn at the bottom. Both of her swords are pointed at Taika.

"Lizzy! What are you doing?" I yell at her. Yes, I'm very loyal to my friends, but I will side with the one in danger when push comes to shove.

Lizzy ignores me and thrusts the sword at Taika. I use magic and move faster than the speed of light without thinking. I shove Taika to the side and stand in her place, taking the blow.

I bit my tongue and hold back a cry. Lizzy removes her swords from me. "What the heck possessed you to do this, Elizabeth?" I ask, my voice thick with venom. I look up at her, my eyes full of disgust. 'What a shame it is that you've made me your enemy.'