Chapter 12

Lux's P.O.V

I'm sitting in the garden, waiting for the ball to begin. I've been able to fool everyone with my naturally cheery act. Well, at least the ones who couldn't sense my soul.

I study the dress Sebastian gave me. He had made it himself, too. It's as black as midnight when it's a new moon with crimson red accents. It's floor-lengthed, long-sleeved with a collar. I have a matching parasol opened to shield me from the remaining sunlight.

I look at my watch, that had began working when we came into the Black Butler world, and see that the ball will begin in a few minutes. I leave the garden and walk into the ballroom, where the ball is taking place.

I see Ciel with Lizzy. Ciel begins to talk. "Thank you all for coming to my ball. I do hope you all enjoy it."

'If only I could talk like that in front of a crowd like this.' I walk over to the wall when music starts to play and a dance begins. Taika somehow managed to get a dance with Ciel. Kim and Nina are by the food table.

Sebastian walks up to me and extends his hand. "May I have this dance?"

I smile, the first real smile all day, and take his hand. "I thought you'd never ask."

I follow his lead and do my best to remember what he had taught me yesterday. I then start to think of the bad things from yesterday, but quickly remember a line Ciel had said about a ball in the manga:

'The rule of a ball is to forget about the bad things and dance the night away.'

And that's what I do during my dance with Sebastian. A look of pure joy and a real smile appears on my face for the first time today.

But something doesn't feel right.

Sebastian's P.O.V

'A real smile.' Lux takes my hand a I lead her through the dance. 'She's getting better.'

The look on her face is one that I want to remain on her face for eternity. A look of pure joy. It would be perfect, if not for a certain spider.

Lux's P.O.V

When the dance ends, I head out to the garden for some fresh air. I sit down on the same stone bench I was sitting on earlier. I hear footsteps behind me. 'Probably Sebastian or one of my friends.'

I fiddle with my necklace, still my wand in disguise, when I hear a voice come from the owner of the footsteps. "What are you doing out here alone, miss? Surely it's no fun." I freeze when I hear that voice. 'Of course, Ciel would've had to invite him or his reputation could be ruined.'

Alois takes a seat next to me on the bench. I continue to fiddle with my necklace. "I-I came out here t-to cool off." I answer, hoping he won't find me interesting and leave.

"Ah, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Earl Alois Trancy." He tells me.

"I-I'm Lux." 'If Alois is around, Claude can't be far. I'd better be careful.'

"Why aren't you inside enjoying the ball? Is it boring?" He questions.

"N-not at all. These events aren't r-really my thing." I turn away.

"Then why are you here?"

"I-I'm a guest of Ciel's."

"Well, why don't you come stay at my manor? Surely it would be more fun there than here." He leans closer.

"I-I'm good. I quite enjoy it here."

Alois frowns. I hear Kim call my name. I turn around to respond, but the moment I do, I feel a sharp pain and everything goes black.

Taika's P.O.V

'Kim said she would go get Lux and left. That was 45 minutes ago. 'Where is she?' I look around for one of the two and see neither. Sebastian walks past me.

"Sebastian. Have you seen Lux or Kim?" I stop him and ask.

He frowns. "As a matter of fact, I have not."

I run the same way Kim did. 'Where would Lux go? Hm... The garden!' I run to the garden and frown. Sebastian and Ciel appear behind me. I walk to the bench and inspect it closer, leading me to find a black and gold spider. I quickly back away from it.

"Taika, is something wrong?" They look at where I'm pointing and see the spider.

"It's seems as if the spider has begun to weave a new web." I say. I mean, who else leaves spiders everywhere they go?