Chapter 29

Lux's P.O.V

Lunch is over, so I head back to my room and take a quick bath. I slip on a robe and leave the bathroom. Sebastian is waiting in my room when I come out. "Sebastian!"

"I have brought you your outfit for the ball. Do you need assistance with your corset?"

I quickly shake my head. "Uh, not gonna happen."

"Lux, you must wear a corset for this ball."

"NOO!" I run to the door and almost make it until Sebastian catches me. "NEVER!"

"You have already been defeated, Lux."

I hang my head in defeat. "Fine, lemme put it on first. Turn around." I quickly remove the robe and put on the corset. "Okay."

Sebastian turns around. "Lux, you put it on backwards."

I look down at the corset. "Well shoot."

Taika's P.O.V

I'm walking down the halls to Ciel's study. I've finished getting ready with the help of Mey-Rin. As I pass by Lux's room, I catch part of a conversation between her and Sebastian, who's helping her right now.

"Lux, you put it on backwards."

"Well shoot."

'What'd she put on backwards? Surely not her dress.' I stand and ponder for a moment. 'Oh, probably her corset. It seems like something she'd mess up.' I shake my head and continue walking.

I knock on the door. "Ciel?"

"Come in." I hear him say. It sounds faint with the door closed.

I open the door. "Lux is almost ready."

He looks up from a pile of papers. "I thought she would be ready by now."

"She had some... difficulties getting ready."

He raises his eyebrow. "What sort of difficulties?"

I decide to be blunt. "She put her corset on backwards."

Ciel shakes his head. "I've never met a girl who had put her corset on backwards."

I walk over to him and give him a small kiss. "Are you ready to go?"

He nods. "Just need to finish up these last few papers."

Timeskip brought to you by Ciel's corset scene

Lux's P.O.V

Sebastian assists me out of the carriage. Ciel gets out and then assists Taika out. Sebastian returns to the carriage to assist Kim and Nina out, then returns to my side.

'What'll the queen think of me? Will she think of me as a bother? Will she discover that I'm a witchling and have me executed?' Sebastian puts a hand on my shoulder. "There is no need to worry, Lux. I will keep you safe." And as he said those words, I felt safe for the first time in a while. He holds out his hand and I take it. We all walk towards the castle.

I'm wearing a short-sleeved, floor-length, royal blue dress with white accents, along with a white satin ribbon tied to look like a headband. I'm wearing slightly taller heels, so I don't look too out of place if someone sees my shoes. Blue sapphire earrings dangle from my ears along with a heart-shaped sapphire pendant, which is my wand in disguise.

A butler opens the door and announces our arrival to the other guests. " Earl Ciel Phantomhive, Lady Lux, Lady Kimberlee, Lady Taika, and Lady Nina." I notice that he didn't mention Sebastian. 'Do they not mention the butler's name?' I look up at Sebastian, who doesn't seem bothered. 'I guess they don't.'