Chapter 23

(Meylee POV)
I know it wasn't right to run away. I just had to. Nobody loves me. Nobody cares about me. I think they were lying, this whole time. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and kept walking. At least it's not night time. I got tired so I sat behind a tree in front of an orange apartment. I started crying again. Irene Eo---irene. I thought she loved me. What about Charlie? What about a family? That's all I ever wanted, a complete family. Not just omma...not just Appa...but both. I wasn't that far from McDonald's. I was about a few streets away, and there are only about three cars that passed by. I was about to lay down on the sidewalk but I heard something...someone.
"............V?............"

I looked up with tears in my eyes and ran. I made a mistake. I ran and ran until I saw V looking all over. I cried so hard, that he turned his head and Irene sat up from the dirty floor. I hugged him and Irene and V hugged me back tightly. "I-I'm sorry. I-I thought---" I couldn't say anything. At least I know the truth, but how can I be sure they actually love me? I have to stop asking dumb questions.

(Irene POV)
She's back! Gosh, I thought I would lose her. We stayed in the huddle until we heard a car horn. We walked into the sidewalk holding her hand. "So...you guys are really going to adopt me?" She kept wiping her face and smiled. I crouched down at her height while looking at V, then back to her, with the widest smile I could. "Yes. But after we finish school." She hugged me and V joined in. "Does that mean I have to call V Oppa. . .Appa?" She said while laughing and V kissed her forehead. "I'm happy with whatever you call me." This is heartwarming. We stood up straight and I picked her up, carrying her. "Let's go get frozen yogurt." I told her, and before she could say anything, V jumped up and down. "YAY!" We all laughed at his childishness and went back to the car.

What would I do without these two? They were both getting grapes from their fro-yos and stuffing them against their cheeks. V was smiling and Meylee put a strawberry in his mouth which made us all laugh. A bunch of people there were looking at us, but they might be just like us to be honest. "Ok are you ready to go home?" I asked and V nodded while Meylee yawned. V lifted her up and carried her and we drove back home. While V was driving, I was going to take a nap just like Meylee was. "Aww don't you go off to Neverland too." I lightly chuckled at V's remark and looked out of the window onto the beautiful sky. "The sky is beautiful." I said and V smiled, while looking over to me. "Yeah. Not as beautiful as you." We looked at each other and startled laughing, making sure not to wake Meylee. "That was probably the cheesiest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth."

"I know. But it's true isn't it? I'm surprised you've only dated one other person." He chuckled and I looked over to Meylee, resting peacefully in the backseat. "Nope. She's beautiful. I honestly can't wait till we get those adoption papers." I smiled and V smiled back. "True. Let's end the day with a movie at my house with the guys." I nodded and continued admiring the sky.

When we got to the house, V entered first to warn the guys that Meylee was sleeping. I laid her down on V's bed and kissed her forehead. I put a blanket over her and went downstairs into the living room. "Hey. So what movie are we watching?" I asked and sat down next to V and reached into the popcorn bowl.

~Time Skip~

(V POV)
The credits to the movie were on and Suga and Jin had fallen asleep. Irene and I were too busy eating popcorn to actually pay attention to the movie. Jhope and Rap Monster went to buy pizza, and Jimin and Jungkook are playing hide and seek. "You guys are weird." Irene said and laid her head on my lap and I played with her hair. "No we're not! You're just....too normal!" We laughed at Jimin and I placed her head on the couch to play hide and seek with them. I'm bored so what the heck. Why not?

We placed the blindfold on Jimin. And he was looking for me and Jungkook. He was close to him, and as you can tell, Jungkook is very competitive and doesn't like losing games. Just because I'm a nice person, I'll help. "Hey Jagi. Hand me that pillow." I whispered and she passed it to me. I threw the pillow and Jimin fell to the floor. Everyone bursts out laughing and it woke Suga and Jin, and apparently Meylee.

Meylee came down in one of my shirts while rubbing her eyes. "Is it morning yet?" She asked as Irene and I approached her. "What are you doing up so late?" Irene asked while holding onto Meylee's hand while we walked back up the stairs. "I couldn't sleep. I'm sad about..." She didn't seem to finish her sentence. I heard a slight mumble afterward, but it wasn't audible enough for me to understand.

(Author POV)
They hopped on his bed and tucked Meylee under the covers. "So what's wrong?" V asked while they both sat on each side of her. "Well...I really loved my Omma. I don't know what to do." Irene saw a small tear run down her cheek. She signaled over to V, and they got under the covers with her. "It's ok Meylee. Everything will be better. I bet you she's up there with the stars. Looking at how great and beautiful you are." V said while they both cuddled up to her. "Thanks. You really think so?" She asked and Irene held her hand and yawned.

"I'm very sure of it. Now we don't want to upset her. So let's show her that you are the best girl in the world." She smiled and Meylee kissed both of their foreheads. "Goodnight Omma and Appa." V and Irene looked at each other with a questioning smile. "Goodnight."

-/----/----/----/----/----/----/----/----/-
Hi! Hope you liked this update! Some of you have been demanding an update for a long time...since the last update actually😂. So here. Once again, thank you for making my story hit 2K! I know I keep saying it but I'm really grateful! Don't forget to vote!!!

-❤️Author