Chapter 10(Halloween pt. 1)

(V POV)
When we got to her house, her mom was in the living room, preparing dinner. "Hello my lovebirds. Anything new?" She asked making me laugh. "Omma!" Her mom laughed as well. "Mianhe. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes." We nodded and went up to her brightly lit room. "Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!" She sat down on her bed and eagerly waited. "Hold on, do you have a flashlight?" She nodded and pointed to her desk drawers. I got the flashlight, turned off the lights, closed the doors and curtains, and sat down next to her.

I turned on the flashlight and started. "On Halloween night, 10 years ago. An old man named, Mr. McGuire, lived by himself and did everything alone. Some say he was a loner.....others say he was a paranoid psychopath. It was proven that he killed anyone who stepped foot on his property. It led to bloody murder. The day before Halloween, there was this trick-or-treater---" "Why before?" "I have no idea. But anyway. She knocked on his door but it only creaked open. She stepped in. Big mistake. All you could her was the sound of a knife going through sensitive skin and shrieks. All that's left of her is head, hanging with the others."

She had looked creeped out, tightly clutching a pillow in her lap. "Maybe I should st---" before I could say anymore she interrupted. "No! Keep going!" This time she was biting her sleeve anxiously. "That same night, her spirit, as well as others, lingered. They planned to kill Mr. McGuire on Halloween, before any other people could suffer. The time came, the night was dark and eerie. He was standing on his rooftop, ready to kill. The spirits pushed him off his 12 story house, landing face first. Some say, you can still hear the little girl's laughs and screams....haunting everyone in the area."

Irene looked deep in thought, feeling like someone was planning a jump scare. I laughed at the blank expression on her face, she stole my signature look. "DINNER IS READY!" Her mom called, scaring her. "AAAH!" She jumped, hugging me tightly. I laughed so hard, I fell onto the floor, crying my eyes out in laughter. "It's not funny!" She turned on the lights and slapped my arm. "Ow!" I rubbed my arm and she laughed. "BEFORE IT GETS COLD!" Her mom called we just looked at each other before racing down the stairs.

(Irene POV)
"I won!" I exclaimed while sitting down, trying to catch my breath. "Congratulations. I'm so gonna beat you next time." V said while sitting down beside me. The story still sent shivers down my spine. I know it's most likely fake, but they make it sound like it actually happened. What if there is really a spirit, roaming around the streets, waiting for the next victim. "Irene eat your food. You've been staring at it for quite some time now." My mom said, cutting out my thoughts. "Uh mianhe." I started eating and when I was done, I accompanied V on the couch.

Scared of what was under my couch, I crossed my legs and put them on the seat. I felt something touch my shoulder so I jumped. "Are you really that scared? You know it was fake right?" V asked and I was a little embarrassed. I didn't want to seem like a scaredy-cat. "U-umm maybe." He just grabbed my hand and we went up to my room. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my face was getting red. We got in the room and we sat on the bed.

"Mianhe. It's just a story." I let out a little laugh and he looked confused. "It's ok, seriously. It just gives me the creeps!" He laughed and finally let go of my hand. "This is stupid." I said out of nowhere. "What's stupid?" He asked, sounding concerned. "Well. How did you want to be friends with me? I mean I'm just that girl that nobody likes." I said while fixing the sheets on my bed. "What do you mean? I like you, all of us like you. And with you thinking that you're the girl nobody likes, people tell you that. You can't believe everything you hear." He smiled and I returned it.

A couple minutes later, V had to go home. "Bye, Tae." I waved. "Bye, ReneBear." He waved back and I closed the door. My dad. I went up to my room and changed. Why that nickname? I guess I'll have to live with it. But why? I walked to my desk and looked at the picture. "You never came back." I thought to myself. I heard my phone buzz on my bed. I looked at it and it was from V.
Tae-Hi!
Irene-Really? You just left😂
Tae-I know
Tae-Just checking up on you
Irene-What for?
Tae-The story. Are you still scared?
Irene-No. Gtg to sleep. Night😴
Tae-Night😴👍
I smiled to myself and tried to sleep. Tried.

(V POV)
"Hyung! Hurry we have to decorate this huge house!" Jungkook yelled from outside. "Coming!" I got my box and we headed towards the house. This house is huge, I'm surprised it costs less than $10,000. "I'll take upstairs. Namjoon you and Suga take the middle section. Jimin and Jhope you take the downstairs parts. V and Jungkook you take the roof." Jin instructed while taking his decorations.

We got up to the roof and started decorating. "Have you invited Irene yet?" Jungkook asked while putting lights up. "No not yet." I looked over the balcony planning where the inflatable stuff should go. "Have you asked her out yet?" He asked, causing me to feel butterflies and my face grew a dark shade of red. "W-why would I d-do th-that?" I stumbled over my words and cursed myself in my mind. "Cut the blank Tae act. We all know you like her hyung. I'm surprised she doesn't see that." How rude! I'm not blank.....am I?

A couple of hours passed and it was close to midnight. "We're done!" We high fived and saw the others waiting for us downstairs. "Cmon I'm tired!" Suga yelled from Jin's truck. "We're coming! We're coming!" I yelled back and we got in the back of the car. As I was slowly drifting off to sleep, my phone was ringing.
V-Hello
ReneBear-I'm not ok.
V-What do you mean
ReneBear-Maybe that story did scare me. I'm scared. There are many noises
V-Mianhe. I knew I shouldn't have told you. I'll be right over
ReneBear-Are you sure? You sound tired
V-Yeah. Just open the door for me.
ReneBear-K. I'll be at the door. Hurry
V-Bye.

I hung up and they just looked at me. "Hey can you---" Jin cut me off. "Sure, dude." He dropped me off and I got my clothes for tomorrow and saw Irene opened the door and run to me. "Thank you. I'm just really scared." She hugged me which caught me off guard. "It's ok. Let's go inside. It's cold out here." She nodded and we went into her house. "Shh my mom is sleeping." She whispered while we tiptoed up the stairs.

(Irene POV)
I'm so glad he could do this. We just talked about random stuff. "What about Pokemon?" He asked, what the best character was. "Uh duh. Squirtle." I said. "No way it's Jigglypuff." This guy! "Nope. Squirtle all the way. Best. Best. Best." He laughed. "Well squirtle is pretty awesome."(shout out to my friend! You know who you are! -A/N) I was beginning to become less scared.

We fell asleep sideways with the blanket barely covering us. The problem. What will I do about Bridget? Well at least tomorrow's Friday. I looked at my phone and got an email from the school. 'The location of the Halloween Party is still a secret. Tomorrow everyone will get a special text with clues as to where it will be held. Can't wait! Say no to drugs!' Typical school advertisement. I put my phone away and went back to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------
Hi! What do you think? Not bad for my first Halloween special thing? Anyways, the other part will be updated tomorrow! Happy early Halloween! Hope all of you have frightening fun! Get lots of candies on trick-or-treat! If you're 'grownup' then call it candy collecting. Tanks! Don't forget to vote!

-❤️️Author