Chapter 22

(Irene POV)
"Eonni! Wake up! It's time for breakfast." I felt someone jumping on the bed next to me. "A couple more minutes." I groaned, but Meylee laughed. "Please Eonni Irene! Please!" I guess I should take her wherever she wants today. After all, this is her last few days living like this. "Okay, okay. Where do you want to eat?" I asked while sitting up and stretching, she stayed there wide-eyed. "Really?! I was just going to eat cereal." I laughed and she brought Charlie up on the bed. "Yeah. Pick anywhere. As long as it's in the area." She laughed and rubbed Charlie's belly. "Ooh! McDonald's!" Charlie got startled and ran all over the room while we laughed. "Sure. Winter break doesn't last that long. Now go and get ready." She jumped up and down and ran into the bathroom.

I got out my phone and texted V.
---------------------------------------
Irene- GoodMorning~
---------------------------------------
I got dressed and all that morning routine stuff. "Hi Charlie~. Who's a good boy? You are! Charlie's a good boy." I pet him while Meylee was putting on her shoes. My parents went to work early this morning, so thankfully I get to take care of her today. "Irene, you're funny." She giggled and came to pet him, too. My phone buzzed 2 times and I replied.
-----------------------------------------
V- GoodMorning
V- Sorry, I just woke up
Irene- You do realize that it's already 12 pm, right?
V- I know what I said.😂
Irene- What are you doing?
V- Looking for something to eat. How bout you?
Irene- Going to McDonald's with Meylee. Do you want to come?
V- Sure. I'll pick you guys up.
Irene- okay.
------------------------------------------

"V is coming with us ok?" She nodded and started playing fetch with Charlie. I still haven't really thought about it. I don't know if this is the best plan. But I can't bare this anymore. She might not be emotionally ready yet. I am for sure not ready. I can't believe I'm doing this. But it's the best way to forget. "~Beep Beep~" a car horn interrupted my thoughts. "Oh, c'mon Meylee." She sprung up from the floor after kissing Charlie's head. "Bye Charlie." We got in V's car and went to the McDonald's with a play place.

(V POV)
I thought about her plan. It's actually a pretty good idea, but I don't think she would want to. She's so in place here, I don't think she'll adjust. "Hi guys." I said while they entered. "Hello V Oppa. Umm...Can I ask you a question?" I looked at her through the rear view mirror and I could see Irene's worried face from the corner of my last eye. "Umm...y-yeah. What is it?" I bit the inside on my lip. What if she found out? God I'll hate myself... "Do you love Eonni Irene? Like, really really love her?" I stayed silent. I cannot react in anyway to this. "Of course I do. Why?" I asked, trying not to sound relieved. But why ask a question with an obvious answer? "Irene. Do you really love V Oppa? Like, really really love him?" Irene nodded while smiling. "Yes I do."

"Ok good. All you need is a ring."

Me and Irene laughed but Meylee stayed serious. And when Meylee is serious...it's something very serious. "What? You do you love each other, right?" We kept glancing at one another. "Umm Meylee. We're too young. I'm sorry." Irene replied, and looked at the disappointed little girl. Why does she want us to get married so badly? What's wrong? "Oh look!! We're here!" She unbuckled her seatbelt while I parked. Something is strange. We got off and we ate some food, when Meylee was done, she played in the play place while Irene and I talked in the eating area.

"Umm have you noticed anything strange about Meylee?" I asked while taking a sip of my soda. "Well, she has been asking that question lately, but I don't know why." She looked over at her and she was talking to a little boy near the slide.

(Meylee POV)
I just want them to be parents. I went to the play place and I went down the fun, colorful slide. "Yay!" I heard behind me. Before I could move, a little boy came and pushed me out with his feet, and I fell to the ground. "Oww." I said while rubbing my knees and he got up and went to me. "Oh no! I'm sorry." He helped me stand up. "It's ok. I'm Meylee. What's your name?" I asked while wiping my pants. "I'm JooYoung. Over there is my brother and his girlfriend." He pointed at the table next to Irene. They were giving each other fries and laughing. They looked kinda like how V and Irene would act sometimes. "Oh. Over there is my sister and her boyfriend. They are going to get married and---" JooYoung gasped and clapped. "They are also! Do you want to be friends?" He said while sticking out his dirty hand.

"Ok." I shook his hand and we played in the red car at the top. "Vroom Vroom!" While he was playing with the car, I looked at Irene and V through the plastic window and they were hugging each other. I love them a lot. . .sometimes even more than myself. Irene can be strict and emotional sometimes, but she likes to play and have fun too. And V is sometimes not the smartest person there is, but he loves and cares about everyone, he also likes to play too. They are right for each other, they fit together like peanut butter and jelly. I wish they could see that too.

"Oh I have to go." JooYoung said before he jumped off a step. "Aww. Ok, bye JooYoung!" I waved bye to him and he did the same. "Bye Meylee!" He held onto their hands as they left. I wish I could live like that. I put my shoes back on and walked back to Irene and V. "How are we going to tell her?! 'Oh hey Meylee, you're mom died in a car accident and you're going to be set up for adoption.'??" What...? Mommy... I started to cry, but I didn't want them to hear me, so I ran into the bathroom. She's gone. . .no one loves me after all...not Appa, not Omma, not V Oppa. . .not even Irene.

(Irene POV)
While Meylee was playing, V and I were discussing how our plan was going to work. "Well, can't we just tell her. You know...about her mom?" I have him a dumb look and he put his hands up in the air. "What?! It was just a suggestion." He got a chicken nugget and popped it in his mouth. "I'm not saying that's not a smart idea, but. . .that is a stupid idea!" I propped my elbow on the table and held my head in my hand. "You said you weren't going to say it's not a smart idea!" He pouted and slouched down in his seat. I sighed and went next to him to hug him. "I know. I'm sorry...technically I didn't say that exactly...but I'm sorry. I'm just frustrated." He hugged me back and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"It's ok. But, really, why can't we just tell her the truth?" He asked while leaning his head against mine. "How are we going to tell her?! 'Oh hey Meylee, you're mom died in a car accident and you're going to be set up for adoption.'" I said in a 'Duh' tone and he chuckled. "You know what I mean. Plus, she's not going up for adoption." I smiled and heard stomps and light sobs from behind me. I turned and saw Meylee running towards the bathroom. "Oh no. Meylee!" I rushed into the bathroom and V stayed outside. I looked in every stall...she isn't here.? I ran outside and V stared at me. "She's not in there, V I'm scared." I started running around the entire building, not here. I could've sworn she ran in there.

"Where is she? Did you find her?" V said, with a panicked tone while he held onto my shoulders. I can't think straight. She can't be gone! Please! "She---she ran---" I started crying and the people in McDonald's were staring at me. "It's ok, we're going to find her." V walked me outside and hugged me tightly, he was crying too. "We have to find her! Hurry!"

(V POV)
We ran down the block, to the neighborhood, we even checked in every store we passed by. Where has she gone? Meylee, please come back. "We...can't f-find her!" Irene wiped her eyes multiple times, but it didn't stop the flow of tears running down her face. Im really fond of Meylee, but fondness, is nothing compared to what Meylee and Irene share, that one strong feeling, they can't function when they're apart. If they would ever get in an argument, they would apologize the second they started arguing. They would do anything for the other. . .things they would only do for each other....love.

I looked at Irene crying her eyes out. I have an idea. I stood tall in the middle of the abandoned road, and Irene looked at me through her teary eyes.

"Can you hear me, Meylee?! We love you! Please come back to us and forgive us for hurting your feelings using such little words! We're terribly sorry for what happened to your mother...we can't take that back and ,trust me, that would be the first thing that I would do! But you weren't going up for adoption! Well...Irene and I were going to adopt you ourselves! Please come back!!!"

"............V?............"

--------------------------------------
OH MY GOD! I cried...no I didn't, but this was so hard to write😂. I hope you guys liked this update!!! Don't forget to vote!

-❤️Author