Chapter 7

(Irene POV)
When I woke up, I was laying down on my bed. I went downstairs and saw my mom cooking. "Hi omma. What are you making?" She was walking all around the kitchen. "Oh just some dinner. Rest well?" I went to the couch and turned on the TV. "Yeah. When did I get here?" She turned around and went to the cabinets. "Around 2 hours ago. Help me set the table. I invited Bangtan." I got the plates and set them on the table. "I'm going to go change. I'll be down in a second."

She nodded and I changed into ripped jeans and a shirt with skulls on it. I put my hair in a pony tail, went downstairs, and turned off the tv. "Can you do me a favor and go to the grocery store? I have a list of things I need you to get." She cleaned her hands and gave me the list. "Sure. Why do we need popcorn?" She smiled and continued cooking. "I figured we could all watch a movie." I got my sweater and went to the store. "Popcorn? Popcorn? Oh popcorn." I was a little to short to reach the top shelf. "Here I got it," a person got it for me. "Oh hi Irene." He handed me the popcorn and I put it in the cart. It was V. "Oh hi V. Did they send you shopping too?" He laughed a little. "Uh yeah."

"What they send you to get?" I handed him the list and smiled. "What?" He kept smiling and handed the list back to me. "They sent me to get the same things. We've been set up." He chuckled and I giggled. "Let's just get at the stuff. We're running out of this stuff anyway." We got the rest of what was on the list and went to my house.

My mom was still cooking and we put the stuff down. "Well in going to head out. They probably need me." He waved and walked out the door. "Omma. Did you set us up?" She just laughed. "Sorta. Can you clean the living room and the bathroom please?" I nodded and giggled as she stumbled over a bump on the carpet. I got the trash and vacuumed the living room. "Great. Now the bathroom." I found a picture of me, omma, and appa all together for the last time. My dad is on a long business trip and we only get to see him on Christmas. I caressed it before cleaning the rest of the bathroom. I was in my room still looking at the picture, then the doorbell rang.

(V POV)
"Oh hi. Come on in, she'll be down in a second. Irene!" We entered and set our things down. She came down the stairs and held something in her hand. "The table is all set. The food is ready. Let's eat!" Suga exclaimed while sitting down on a dining chair. While we were eating, everyone was talking, except for Irene. She was admiring whatever it was that she had in her hand. "Irene, sweety? Are you ok?" Her mom asked and she quickly put away the object and started eating. "Yeah, everything is fine. -sniffle- May I be excused?" Her mom nodded as she ran upstairs into her room.

"I'll be right back." Her mom got up. "No, you continue eating. I'll go talk to her." I told her as she sat back down and I went to her room. I knocked on her door, "Irene?" There was no response, just distinct sobs. I slightly opened the door and saw her crying into the palms of her hands, still holding something. "What's wrong?" I asked as I sat on the edge of her bed. She handed me a picture. She looked so happy with her mom and her dad. "Flip it o-over." She instructed me. I turned it over and it had a little note.

'Merry Christmas, Rene-Bear! I'm sorry I couldn't make it again this year. Business trips are hectic. Hope you and your mother have a Merry Christmas. Love, Pa-Bear!'

I looked over at her and she explained. "Rene-Bear is my nickname. He can only visit on Christmas, but I h-haven't seen him i-in 2 y-years." She began sobbing louder and her tears wouldn't stop flowing. "Hey, don't cry." I wiped her tears with my sleeve. "Everything is going to be ok. I promise, trust me on this." She smiled and hugged me as I hugged her back. "You're going to be ok?" She nodded and continued drying her tears.

"Come on. We still have the movie to watch. I'm pretty sure it funnier than when I said 'Blubber'." She laughed quietly and we went downstairs. "I don't hate you, but if you were on fire and I had a glass of water, I'd drink it." We were watching a comedy and they had some pretty funny stuff. It was getting to the funniest part when, "Oh you guys. We have to go, it's late. Thank you for inviting us." Rap Monster said while her mom paused the movie.

"You're welcome anytime. Bye." She said as we retrieved our things. We were out the door and while it was still closing, I saw Irene on her tip-toes waving. "Bye!" The door closed and we began walking back home. The thoughts of not seeing her dad flooded my mind. Imagine how hard it must be, living without a parent. If only there was something I could do to get him here by Christmas Eve.

(Irene POV)
"I think it's time to go to sleep. You have school tomorrow." My mom said while cleaning the coffee table. "But I'm -long yawn- not tired." I stretched out my arms and went upstairs, bending over so that my hands glided against the stairs. "Yeah, ok. Goodnight." She said kissing my forehead before going into her room. "Goodnight." I changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt and thought about tomorrow. What will the future hold?

--------------------------------------------------
Hey! 2 days early! I did it! It might be short it might be the average amount that I have but at least it's done. Is V's birthday in 2 months? It is right? Anyways, if it is, let's wish him early birthday and all the luck he can get. If it isn't, then in just being nice I guess. I'll hopefully update my other stories on my other account this weekend, it seems like they'll be finished by tomorrow. Don't forget to vote!

-❤️️Author