Chapter 18

(V POV)
We went over to buy some skates. "2 pairs of skates please." Irene said. We told them our sizes and went to a bench to put them on. "It's so cold but I bet it's going to be so fun." I said while tying a knot in my skate. "Yeah. I'm going to fall on my face though." She joked. "And I will laugh---" I was interrupted by her slapping my arm. "Hey!" I laughed at her reaction. "You didn't let me finish. And I will laugh, but don't worry. After I'm done, I'll help you up." She mouthed an 'O' and smiled. "Oh! Ok. Thank you. And yes I will do the same thing if that happens to you. Just I will laugh more." She giggled and stood up.

She was wearing a small sweater with some legging that only reached halfway to her ankle. "Aren't you cold?" I asked her and stood up next to her. "Yeah. It's not that cold." I nodded my head and we went into the rink. As soon as we stepped on the ice she was shivering and I was wiggling on the ice. "I told you." I was trying to grasp onto something to get me stable. "I-it's n-n-n-not th-th-at c-c-cold." I laughed and took off one of my three hoodies. "Here. You'll be warmer." I put it over her head and she did the rest. It was so oversized that the end of the sweater reached her knees and her hands were buried in the sleeves. I laughed at her when she started flapping her hands. "Let's try to skate!" I exclaimed and she laughed. As soon as I released the bar on the sides, i was trying to balance but it was hard. She had already skated a lap perfectly, no flaws. "I thought you said you were going to fall on your face." I said to her as she skated towards me.

"Well, I might've lied just a little. Do you need help?" She asked as she slowly moved behind me. "Nah! I got this." If only I hadn't fallen after my first step. Irene stumbled back and caught me. One hand around my stomach and the other holding the side. "Are you sure?" She giggled and carefully pushed me up. "Umm maybe I do need help." She moved to the side of me and held onto my wrist. "Okay move that one first like this." She demonstrated and I tried to copy. A group skated past us. "Oh my garness! You are hashtag couple goals!" I blushed a little but irene stood there. "What does that mean?" I choked on my words. "Umm that m-means that it's basically w-what a couple wants t-to be." She looked down. "O-oh." She cleared her throat. "Let's keep going."

(Irene POV)
We are not a couple! I repeat NOT a couple!!! We are just really close friends. That's...all we'll...ever be. "Why did you sigh?" He woke me up from my thoughts and I looked up. "Huh? Oh did I sigh? Umm it's nothing." He nodded and he continued trying to skate. "Ok, ok. You got it!" I shouted and let go of his arm. "Really?! Yes!" I laughed and tried to catch up to him.

"Hey, can we skate together? I have to ask you something." I nodded and we skated side by side. "What is it?" I asked. "Well I wanted to know what you wanted for Christmas." He looked me eye to eye. A textbook didn't come to mind neither a phone that doesn't flip open, but..."All I really want is---" someone passed by me bumped into me causing my skates to make me lose balance. "Woah!" I fell on the ice, stomach first. "Oh gosh are you ok?!" V went onto his knees and turned me around to sit up. My stomach, and gut, were the only things that really stung. I held onto my stomach. "I thought you were going to laugh."

He looked down at the ice before answering. "I won't laugh when you're hurt. C'mon lets go home, we can drink hot chocolate." I nodded and he helped me up. The first thing I saw was Bridget laughing with the rest of Hades' crew. I started to taste metal..."Oh no your lip is bleeding." He got a napkin from a nearby table and dabbed my lower lip. "There." He threw it away, we turned in our skates, and went to his house. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Y-yeah it j-just stings a little."

He gave me a sad smile. We stopped by a small coffee shop and ordered hot chocolates. Once we got them we continued walking. "Umm can I answer your question now?" I asked and he nodded. "All I really want is for---" the door to his house opened revealing Rap Monster. "Finally, you guys came. We're watching a movie, hurry up." I looked down but I could see V still looking at me, starry eyed, from the corner of my eye.

(V POV)
Just great. I should've seen this coming, after all, he is the God of Destruction. We went inside and we were greeted by everyone. "Irene! We are going to watch a movie!" Meylee ran up to her and tugged the end of her shirt. "Really? Which movie?" I asked while kneeling down. "Elf. Hurry, hurry." She giggled and ran over to the living room. During the movie, pretty much everyone was asleep but me. The guys were on the floor, Meylee's head was on my lap, and Irene and I were on the couch. Irene was swaying back and forth which looked like she was going to fall. I started to doze off. Right when I closed my eyes I felt a head lean into my shoulder. I turned my head slightly and saw Irene leaning against my side, sleeping soundly. We'll have a family like this...one day Irene...one day. . .

-----/-//-/---/----/------/---/---/---/---/---/--
Hi! I'm so happy!!!! We won 1st place yesterday for a dance competition!!! Ehrmagerd! I couldn't believe it. I was gonna cry.....ok maybe not but...I was so happy! So I made an update for my fellow ARMYs and Unicorns. Don't forget to vote!!!

-❤️Author