Chapter Twenty- Six

Matt wrapped his arm around my shoulders and slung my arm over his. "Lean on me and look hurt." He commanded. I put on a pained expression and relaxed into his arms as he supported me. I had no idea what this maniac had planned, but I could tell it was gonna be good.

"Out if the way! Make way! Move it, people! Let's go! We got an emergency, here! Com'mon! Out of the way!" He yelled as he drug me down the hall. I groaned and winced and let him tow me towards the office. He burst into the room, gasping.

"Can I get some help, please? She hurt her leg really bad." He set me on the floor. I breathed heavily with my eyes shut as I ran my hand over my left leg. Just like Matt said, there were three remaining women in the room who all rushed for me immediately. Matt disappeared behind them and the women bombarded me with questions.

"What happened?"

"Where does it hurt?"

"Can you put any pressure on it?"

"Did you fall?"

"What's your name?"

"Would you like some ice?"

"Maybe we should-"

"Ice would be great, thanks." I interjected.

"What happened?" One lady asked again.

"I was in the hallway and tripped. My knee landed on a cap to a pen and-" I suddenly winced. "Owe!" I groaned. "And the cap was lodged right between my knee cap and my leg."

A lady came back with some ice, which I took and pressed against my knee. "Thank you." I breathed. Matt rushed back over to me. "Are you doing better now?" He asked with a wink.

"Yeah, I think so. The ice is really helping."

"Try standing." He coaxed as he gently pulled me up. I gingerly stepped down on it, wincing a little. I took a few steps with a slight limp until I was walking normal again. "I think I'm all better now." I concluded. "Thanks for your help." I said to the ladies. Matt walked out and I followed close behind.

"What exactly did that accomplish?" I asked once we were out of earshot.

"I turned up the heat in the room to high."

I stared at him, completely lost. "And that accomplished what?"

"In about five minutes it will get so hot in there that Mrs. Eisenhower will take her jacket off and leave it on the back of her chair. When that happens, Blair and I will 'break up'. The office will come down, giving you time to slip on Eisenhower's jacket so the camera's won't recognize you. You would then sign yourself out, put the jacket back where you found it, and walk out of here like a boss."

"Wow. That is quite the plan." I commented.

"What can I say? I'm a natural escape artist."

"I think that's something else..."

"Whatever. We need to tell Blair the plan."

We searched the hallways for Blair and finally found her at the end of the freshman hallway. "Hey, there you are." Matt said as he ran up and kissed her.

"Hello to you, too." She smiled up at him.

"You look gorgeous today." He said as he kissed her again.

"You look great, too! I love this shirt on you." She said as she grabbed each side of his shirt and leaned in to kiss him.

Meanwhile, I was right there, gagging to myself.

"Are you two done? Because we came here for a reason."

"Oh, yeah. Blair, we need to break up."

Blair looked horrified and she looked up at him, her eyes huge and scared.