Chapter Seventeen

"OK, how about this one?" Asked Blair the next day. Ever since she heard the news on her dad, she has been upset and gloomy. I don't blame her. She seemed to perk up, though, whenever she's distracted, so shopping was really good for her. Triston, on the other hand, wasn't doing too well. He was really depressed all day and he looked like he didn't sleep at all the previous night. We (Matt and I) had to keep convincing him all day that his dad wasn't dead and he needed to have faith. He wasn't eating much of anything and Matt had to convince him to go to football practice tonight, and Triston loves football.

I looked at the dress in Blair's hand. It was a spaghetti strap black dress and extremely low cut that would show way too much for my liking. I held out up to myself and realized it would barely cover my butt.

"No, thank you. It's way too sexy for me."

"I thought so."

"Then why did you show it to me in the first place?"

"I don't know. Just in case you did like it."

"Blair, look at this one." It was red with a v-cut and cut off about an inch below the knees, and spaghetti strapped. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"It's gorgeous." She said. She looked at the price tag and frowned. "It's not that gorgeous."

"Try it on anyway." I urged.

I didn't have to ask her twice. She ran to the nearest fitting room and disappeared behind one of the doors. I waited patiently as she dressed and when she stepped out, I was definitely surprised. She looked beautiful. It fit her perfectly, and her pale-ish skin and dark brown curls pulled the whole thing together.

"You need to get that dress."

"I can't and afford it."

"Matt convinced Malissa to give me a more than generous amount of money for a dress, and I don't have expressive tastes. I could easily give you some money."

"I'm not going to take your-"

"Take it, Blair." I said as I held a bundle of cash out to her.

"Thank you so much!" She said as she took it from me. As she changed back into her clothes, I scanned the clearance rack. One dress caught my eye. I pulled it off the rack and immediately knew it was the one. It was dark blue with a silver, glittery stripe around the rib cage area. It was such a beautiful dress. I picked it off the rack and found Blair over by the dress section. I went over to her and we both showed a dress at the same time. I held out mine, and she held out a black version of the same one. We both laughed a little.

"It seems we have similar styles." She said.

"I guess so."

"Try them both on." I walked into the room she was just in and slipped on the black one. I liked it. It was very pretty. I stepped out and showed Blair.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" She said. She stole my phone out of my purse and snapped a picture.

"What are you doing?"

"Asking Cory for his opinion." I stepped back into my room and changed into the blue one. I studied myself in the mirror. The blue really made my eyes pop, and somehow felt more comfortable than the other one. This one. I thought. I stepped out and did a goofy model pose.

"Yeah girl! Strut it!" Blair laughed. I cat-walked down the aisle of the fitting room and struck a pose at the end.

"Ok. Ok. Ok. Smile! We need Cory's help." She said as she took another picture. I changed back into my normal clothes, but I already knew which dress I was going to get. Without waiting for Cory's feedback, we walked up to the checkout line and bought our dresses; Blair, the red one, and me, the blue one. We walked outside and waited for Malissa to show up. My phone buzzed and I read the text from Cory.