Chapter Twenty- Two

"This is so boring." Cory whined as we browsed the internet. I was in my bedroom on my mattress with my boyfriend. I was sitting against the wall with his head in my lap and my laptop in front of me.

"Shut up and quite whining." I laughed as I scrolled down.

"I'm not whining."

"You're being a crybaby!"

"Well I'm sorry, guys don't generally find online shopping for bedding exciting."

I looked down at him. "Do you love me?" I asked sweetly.

"Of course."

"Then you love online shopping for bedding." I deadpanned.

"Avery," He groaned.

"Look at this one!" I said. He turned his head and looked up at the computer screen. The comforter was white with baby blue butterflies on it, some a darker blue than others.

"Comes with comforter, fitted sheet, bed sham, and three decorative pillows!"

"I have no idea what half of those things are."

"You idiot." I said. I read on. "And it's only forty bucks!"

"I'm not an idiot."

"I want it! Let's go talk to Mom!" I jumped up from the air mattress, making Cory's head bounce off the bed. I ran down the stairs, Cory right behind me.

"Mom!" I said as I entered the kitchen. Mom looked up from chopping carrots.

"What?"

"Look at this comforter!" I showed her my laptop. She leaned over and looked at it.

"That is beautiful!" She dumped the carrot slices off of the cutting board and into a crock pot. "Where's it at?" She asked as she sprinkled some tumeric in.

"Walmart."

"That's a good price for all of that. After I'm done preparing dinner I'll take you to go get it, if you want."

"Yay! Thank you, Mom!" I said as I gave her a hug.

"Oh, shoot. I promised Matt that I'd drive him and Blair to town. There wouldn't be enough room in my car for all of us."

"Well let me see what they're doing." I said. Cory and I went down the hall to Matt's room.

"Hey, Matt?"

"What's up?" He asked.

"Um what are you and Blair doing in town today?"

"I honestly don't know. Mom was gonna drop us off in town. We didn't really have much planned. Why?"

"Well, I wanted to go to town so I could get something for my room. But, if she drove you and Blair, there wouldn't be enough room for Cory and I."

"How about we get Triston to go? He can give us all a ride."

"My thoughts exactly. I'll give him a call."

I walked out of th room and grabbed my phone. I called Triston.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Triston. What are you up to today?"

"Um..." I heard shooting in the background.

"Are you playing that stupid videogame again?"

"Maybe."

"Oh my gosh. Do you want to pretend you have a life for a little bit and come with your sister, Matt, Cory and I to town?"