Chapter Ten

After about 15 minutes I heard the dooorbell ring. I ran to go answer it but Matt beat me to it. He was still mad at me. He opened the door and I stood behind him, waiting to see Blair so I could drag her to mine and DJ's room.

"Next time, I am driving!" Blair was shouting.

"What? You told me to get here fast, so I did." Triston said innocently.

"Now, Triston." Blair said in a fake sweet voice. "Would it matter if we got here on time..." then she shouted the rest. "IF WE DIED IN THE PROCESS?????!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He held his hands up in surrender. I pushed past Matt and grabbed Blair's wrist. I gave her an "I totally understand you" look and lead her to my room.

"Sisters." I heard Matt scoff behind us.

"Yeah." Triston sighed.

I got Blair to my room and dropped on my air mattress that bounced when I sat down. Blair layed down on DJ's bed.

"85." Blair said.

"Huh?"

"Triston was driving 85 miles down the 35 mile per hour road!"

"He can drive?"

"My mom's disabled and my dad is a marine, so we rarley see him. My brother was granted a liscence at fourteen to chauffer everyone around since my parent's couldn't."

"I didn't know they did that!"

"True story."

"Cool."

"But my dimwitted, idiotic brother had to be totally stupid about it."

"Boys. Not too intelligent." A few moments went by.

"Matt seemed pretty tense."

"We just got ino a big fight."

"Uh oh."

"Yeah." I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Mind if I ask why?"

"He just... he's so... He's not even my brother, ok? We're not related. At all."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My mom got into some trouble with the cops, so the Dillons took me in. And he's taken it upon himself to be my bodygaurd, and freaks out on me for everything I do. So tonight, I got a ride with Cory Mathews, and Matt freaked out on me."

Blair's face was blank, but her eyes darted around like she was thinking. Her eyebrows crushed together. Suddenly, she exclaimed, "Avery Houston! Cory Mathews! The rumors!" Her hand flew up to her forhead. OK, she finally caught up. Then she punched me in the arm.

"Ow! What was that f-"

"No wonder Matt freaked out on you! I would have, too!"

"Why? Why won't anyone believe that he changed?"

"Because people don't just change, Avery. Much less in two weeks."

I sighed and layed back on the mattress. They just don't get it.

"So we need to work in that report." Blair said.

"Oh, yeah. I borrowed some books at the library." Blair raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"We don't have internet."

"Ouch'"

"Mhhm." I said as I handed her a book.

Blair groaned. "Oh, Blair? Do you play any instruments?"

"Guitar."

"What kind?"