31

5 days later.

"Hey Claire.. It's me again. Is there a reason why you're late? Call me back." I left a message on her phone.

This is the 4th time she hasn't picked up. Which is really odd because she always picks up her phone.

She doesn't work today, & she should already be up.

I think..

She was supposed to take me to my first ultra sound..

My first one!

This is a big deal. For her it may not be, but to me it is! I mean, it should also be a big deal for her too because it is her niece or nephew we're talking about here.

I can't drive because I sent both the cars to get oil changes.

Which was very dumb of me because I should have sent them tomorrow.

Whoops!

And I certainly can't walk. It's way to far.

& I am certainly not taking a bus.

Nope.

No way.

My only option was to ask my neighbors.

I can't ask Mrs. Owens. She's too old. Maybe Melinda can drive me.

I walked over to Melinda's door and knocked on it. Please let her be home.

Please..

I'm so desperate just to go to this doctor appointment.

Ugh.

The struggle.

I heard a lot of banging and clattering going on. Is she okay?

"H-hi Bethany." She said out of breath.

"Uh. Hi. Is everything okay?" I asked making sure she was fine.

"Yep. Perfecto. Is something wrong?" She asked. The door was only opened a little bit. I could only see half her face. Is she trying to hide something?

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure." She didn't sound so sure to me.

"Will you take me to my doctors appointment? My sister isn't answering her phone." I nervously chuckled.

"Give me five." She said and closed the door in my face.

"Okay. Ill just wait out here." I whispered.

Sure enough, five minutes later, she was out her house.

"Thanks for taking me." I buckled my seatbelt and leaned back.

"No problem." She smiled.

---

"This is going to be cold." The doctor warned me as he put the cold jelly substance on my stomach.

Damn. It was NOT cold.

It was fucking freezing!

How are the hell are you going to tell me it's 'cold' when it's freaking freezing?!

I can handle cold. But when it's freezing, I don't take that very well.

I hate cold.

I hate it with everything I've got.

"Whoa." I wiggled around. That was very cold.

(More like freeeeezing!)

"There's your baby." The doctor pointed to the little screen.

"Does everything look okay?" I asked.

"Everything looks fine." He looked at the screen also.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" Melinda asked. She was sitting beside me.

She really wanted to see what an ultra sound looks like so I let her come in with me.

I really wanted Harry here with me, but, what are you going to do.

"It's way to soon." I looked over at Melinda.

"Pictures?" The doctor looked at me.

"Yes please." I smiled, looking at the doctor.

The nurse wiped the jelly substance off my stomach and I was good to go.

"Have a great day Mrs. Styles." The lady at the front desk said and handed me my photos.

I thanked her and put the pictures in my purse.

"Shit." I mumbled.

"Is something wrong?" Melinda asked.

"Paps are here." I groaned.

You're think that by now I would already be used to the paparazzi right?

I'm totally not even used to them yet. Harry always tells me that it will get better through out time and that I would get used to it.

What a damn liar..

I never really faced the paparazzi alone. Occasionally I would go here and there and a couple of them would follow. But I always had Harry with and next to me.

I would always get stressed when they would follow me and ask me the most idiotic questions. They would also get mad when we wouldn't answer their questions.

Is it wrong that me and Harry want to keep our relationship private to an extent?

We need privacy too!

I took a deep breath and put my hand in the door handle.

"Lets just get to the car."

Camera flashed were going off and people were asking me questions.

'Where's Harry?'

'Did you and Harry get a divorce?'

'Is Harry the father of the baby?'

'Why isn't Harry here?'

That one ticked me off. Of course Harry is the father! Hello! We had sex together! Jesus Christmas. Told you they ask the stupidest questions.

What kind of a question is that? 'Is Harry the father of the baby?'

Well obviously he is! I got pregnant after we got married! Doesn't that tell you something.

They act is if I slept with other men. No, I've only and will only sleep with Harry.

After what seemed like ages just to get through the paps, we made it into Melinda's car and drove off.