67

"Claire!" I put my hand out to try and stop her. She didn't even look at me once. It's like I barley existed to her right at this moment.

"Stop!" I yell, but it's no use. The dark blood colored wine makes its way up into the air and then.. *splat*.. on my
attire and on Harry too.

I gasp and look at the liquid that's all over my dress. "My dress" I whisper in disbelief. Is this really happening right now.

Behind me I hear what seems to be a glass plate fall and shatter.

I turn around and see Harry's white shirt covered in a little bit of wine. I got most of it thrown on me. The brownies are on the floor and I go haywire.

"That was a China plate! Are you kidding me. Not to mention the fact that I had to make two batches of brownies and now they're on the floor?!" I yell, looking at Claire and pointing to the no good brownies that are in the floor.

"Claire," my mother comes between me and Claire. "What's the matter with you?" She takes the wine glass from Claire.

"I don't want him here." She said through clenched teeth and pointed directly at Harry.

"Watch yourself," Harry warned and took a step forward.

"Stop. Don't you dare start." I look at Harry and push him back by his chest, my hand touching the liquid that's on his shirt.

He looks at me but then looks away. "Go," I say and point to the kitchen area. He does as I say, and left, leaving a small trail of red wine behind him.

"He's family and he will stay wether you like it or not" my dads voice is firm and I can tell that this isn't going to go well.

Nothing can ever go right in this family.

"I come first, I'm your daughter." Claire scoffs and is looking at my dad and mom back and forward. They don't say anything to her, so I step in and say something.

"Claire he's my husband for crying out loud." I huff and say like its the most obvious thing in the world, because it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yea?" She tilts her head. "And I'm your fucking sister"

"What kind of fucking sister are you that you throw wine at me?" I point to my dress.

"Maybe if you didn't get in the way of everything that wouldn't have happened to your dress." She gives a fake smile and rolls her eyes

"Get in the way? Are you fucking serious?" I step closer to her, getting ready to shove her, but my parents intervene.

"ENOUGH." My dad yells. "Bethany, you're pregnant, what the hell are you doing?" I look down at the floor and feel ashamed. Was I really just going to fight my sister? "& Claire, maybe it would be best if you leave and come back later or so."

"What?" She gasps and her mouth is agape. "Why me? Why not that douche bag over there?" She refers to Harry. "I'M YOUR DAUGHTER FOR FUCKS SAKE. YOURE SUPPOSED TO TAKE MY SIDE."

I turn around and go find Harry. I haven't even been here for twenty minutes and already I feel stressed, I got wine thrown on me, one of my China plates broke, I almost fought my sister and now she's leaving. A lot can happen in twenty minutes. I hear them say a couple words in exchange, not to mention Claire still yelling, and then I hear the door close. I don't hear my parents talking. They must have followed her outside.

"Let my help you." I see him by the sink with the water running. He put the paper towel under the water and put it on his shirt, smearing it even more.

"This is never going to fucking come out." He huffs and throws the paper towel on the counter.

I grab it and dab it on his shirt . "You're supposed to dab, not smear." I try to lighten the mood but I don't think it's working.

"You're dress. It's ruined completely." He touches the fabric that's over my stomach. The wine is on my stomach, some on my chest, shoulder, and arm.

"I know. What can I do." I huff out and repeat the process on cleaning Harry's shirt. It looks a little better but he ruined his shirt even more my smearing, not dabbing.

"I'll buy you a new one," He promises but I ignore what he says and look at the stains on his shirt. It's not about the dress. I don't care that my dress is stained and ruined. Although I did love this dress so much and only wore it once in a while, I just don't care anymore. I care that Harry has to go through my family drama. What was he thinking when he decided to marry me?

"Hey," he lifts up my chin and I make eye contact with him. "I'm okay. You're okay. It's going to be okay. Yea I'm pretty pissed that she threw wine at me but mostly at you. And then she tried to come at me. But let's not worry your parents. We came to have a nice dinner with your mum and dad, and my mum"

"Nothing is ever okay. I don't get why this shit happens. " I put the paper towel down and rub my temples. I can feel a migraine coming on at any moment.

"Oh dear," I hear my moms voice.

I look over and she has the China plate and brownies in her hand. She throws them in the garbage and gives me a hug.

"Are you alright?" She takes in my appearance.

"I feel a bit sticky." I let out a little laugh .

"I don't know what has gotten into your sister." She shakes her head and sighs. "She hasn't been herself lately."

"I apologize," Harry clears his throat. "This is partially my fault."

"No Harry. It's alright. You're family now and Claire has to understand that. Whatever you two have gotten into, I hope you guys can solve it like mature adults." She says and I agree with her.

"I understand." Harry agrees and apologizes again.

"So she left?" I brought up the thought of Claire.

"Yes. But she will be back later." My dad says and I take that into considerstion. I don't want to talk or even look at Claire. It would be best of me and Harry eat and then leave.

The door bell rings and Harry leaves. i follow him because we all know it's his mom.

"Harry!" She squeals and hugs him tightly. She probably didn't notice the stain.

"Oh my, what happened?" She gestures to the stain and he shrugs.

"Just a little altercation, but it's alright now." I say and Anne smiles at me.

"Oh Bethany. You're so beautiful." She says with open arms and gives me a hug. I try not to hug her tight so I don't get the red wine on her clothes.

"You too?" She looks down at my dress. " I hope you two weren't doing something stupid?" She arched and eye brow and me and Harry laugh.

"Course not mum," he huffs. "We are mature adults."

"Says the one who makes knock knock jokes sometimes." She laughs and so do I.

"Come on, let's go eat a wonderful meal that Bethany's mum made." He smiled and we guided Anne towards the kitchen.

-----

Hey guys! Just letting you know I wrote a new story called 'Prince Malik' !! Go check it out if you'd like :)