43

She served us and we started eating.

Where the hell is Claire? She's never late to dinner when it's at moms house. Never. She hates being late when we have to go to moms house. I'm usually the late one. But now I'm the early one. Where the hell can she be?

She was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago.

"Where's Claire?" I looked at my mom.

"I don't know. She should be here any minute." She shrugged.

She could be dead for all we know! No one has bothered to text or call her? I would text her right now, but my phone is on the counter.

"So how's the baby?" My mom asked.

"Great! Went to my first doctors appointment." I smiled and took a sip of my water.

She gasped. "How was it?"

"Fine. Everything is perfectly fine." I smiled.

"Have you thought of any names?"

I thought about it for a second. Me and Harry haven't thought about any names yet. It's kind of early to decide on names now. He's been really busy that we haven't had time to sit down and discuss some names.

"No. Not yet." I shook my head

"If it's a boy, you are naming it after me, right?" My dad joined in on the conversation.

"Dad." I shook my head again.

My dad is something else.

"What? My names a cool name!" He laughed.

Yea.... No..

"Yea, because Ronald is a cool name." I said sarcastically.

We all laughed. I miss these kind of times. We would all laugh at the dinner table. But now I'm married and having a baby. Claire has work and school to worry about, and my dad has work also.

But Claire isn't even here yet. Oh Claire..

"If it's a girl th-"

My mom was cut off by the phone ringing.

"Excuse me." She said and got out of her seat.

"Hello." My mom answered the phone and walked out the kitchen. Although I could still faintly hear her.

"So, do you miss him?" Dad asked.

Really dad? 'Do I miss him?' Of course I miss him! I miss him more than anything! You just have no idea..

"Yes, I miss him tons." I smiled. "But enough about me. How's work going?" I played around with my food.

I haven't really talked to my parents in a while and it's cute that they only want to talk about the baby, but I want them to talk about themselves too. I want to know whats going on with them and their lives. Not just about mine.

"I made a new chemical in the lab, and for that , they gave me a promotion!" He couldn't help but smile wider and wider. You could tell he was really happy.

"Great for you dad!" I reached over and padded his shoulder.

"Don't tell your mom this, but with the new promotion, I might take her on a well deserved vacation." He took a spoonful of rice and put it in his mouth.

I think my parents deserve a vacation. They've done so much for Claire and I, that they deserve it.

"You should take her to New York. She's always wanted to go there." I told him and he nodded taking mental notes in his head.

I was still talking to my dad about what they should do in New York if he decides to take her there. I heard my moms voice coming closer to the kitchen. my mom walked back in the kitchen still talking on the phone. My dad and I looked at each other and gave each other the 'look' to not talk about this and to keep it a secret from my mom.

" Alright honey I have to go, were talking about the baby. Bye." She said quickly and hung up the phone.

"Was that Claire?" I looked at her

"Yea, that girl can talk forever." She laughed and waved her hand. " she want me to tell you something but I forgot. But they called her into work ten minutes ago."
She hung up the phone and sat back down.

I pouted. I was looking forward to seeing her again. At least I know she isn't dead or missing.

"Back to what I was saying," my mom cleared her throat. " if it's a girl, the name should be what ever you and Harry decide or if its a boy also." She smiled and glared at my dad.

"I was only trying." My dad chuckled.

My mom playfully smacked him and resumed eating.

I wasn't really hungry anymore, but took a couple more bites before I was stuffed.

We were talking about funny moment of Claire and I being little but I zoned out half way of the conversation. The only thing I could hear was my phone ringing.

---

Wonder who it could be :o