Chapter 33: The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"And I... I didn't know what else to do. I thought, 'There has to be a reason that he hasn't killed me, right?' So, I took a gun and..." She sticks out two fingers, mimicking a gun. She moved it to her throat, positioning next to her skull. "I threatened to kill myself." She cries even harder, now shaking. "I didn't think I had anything else. I mean, Lucifer was going to kill Dean, you were dead, Bobby and Cas were dead. But then Lucifer stopped. Sam fought back and won." She smiles slightly, but continues.

"Then he jumped into the pit." She says, her smile falling. "It was his plan all along, jump back into Lucifer's cage with Lucifer in him. And I-I couldn't--- I couldn't stop him." She says, looking at the stars. 

"But then Cas was brought back. He said by God, but who can trust God when all of this has happened, right? He brought back Bobby and he brought me home." She stops, looking at me. "Did you really want to save me?"

"Lizzie, how could you even think we wouldn't?" I ask, tears streaming down my face. 

"You hated me before Lucifer got to me." She says, looking down.

"No. I could never hate you." I say, cupping her face between my hands. "You-you are my sister. You always will be." I say, bringing her into a hug. 

Then she lets go. She cries her heart out, not caring about being quiet, or acting strong. She just cries with me. 

"I love you, s-so much." She sobs into me. "And I always will."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIZZIE'S POV

As I walk around school with Lydia, everything seems fine. It's been two months since... that happened. I haven't talked to Aiden yet. I'm scared, but I don't know why. 

"So, how are you feeling?" Lydia asks, as we walk to my locker. 

"I'm fine." I lie, looking at Allison run through the door. She looks around, very confused. 

"What?" Lydia asks, following my eyes. I walk over to Allison with Lydia following.

"Allison? You ok?" I ask, gaining her attention. She nods and swallows. "Tell me the truth." I say, narrowing my eyes. 

"I-I'm fine." She stutters.

"Oh god." I say, realizing whats happening.

"What?" Lydia asks, as I start to panic.

"It's happening, isn't it?" I ask, not really wanting to know the answer. "You're seeing things?"

"How--?" Allison asks. 

"What are you seeing?"

"Kate." She mumbles.

"Follow me." I say, needing to see if Scott and Stiles are experiencing the same thing. 

We all walk outside and my eyes find Scott and Stiles talking. I pull the girls towards them as I hear Stiles ask, "You're seeing things, aren't you?"

"How'd you know?" Scott asks as we get closer to them. 

"Because it's happening to all three of you." I say, gaining their attention. Scott looks at me worriedly. After our talk, all he does is worry. I shouldn't have let him see my weak side. "Now what are you guys seeing, and don't lie to me."

"I think I have sleep paralysis." Stiles says, looking down. 

"You have to scream yourself awake?" I ask, factoring in all the symptoms.