Chapter 32: Lucifer and the Pit

Start from the beginning

"It's good to see you, Michael." Lucifer says to his older brother.

"You too. It's been too long." Michael says, half-heartedly.

"Can you believe it's finally here?"

"No. Not really. Is that really her?" He asks, motioning towards me.

"Yeah. Can you believe that our fate rests on some girl's puny shoulders?" Lucifer asks. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Control their fate? Me? They must be insane... 

"Are you ready?" Michael asks, walking towards his brother.

"As I'll ever be. A part of me wishes we didn't have to do this."

"Yeah. Me too."

"Then why are we?" Lucifer asks, not wanting to hurt his brother.

"Oh, you know why! I have no choice, after what you did." Michael says, accusingly.

"What I did? What if it's not my fault?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Think about it. Dad made everything. Which means he made me who I am! God wanted the Devil." Lucifer says, walking towards his brother. 

"So?"

"So why? And why make us fight? I just can't figure out the point."

"What's your point?"

"We're going to kill each other. And for what? One of Dad's tests. And we don't even know the answer. We're brothers. Let's just walk off the chessboard."

"I'm sorry. I-I can't do that. I'm a good son, and I have my orders." Michael says after a moment of hesitation.

"But you don't have to follow them."

"What, you think I'm gonna rebel? Now? I'm not like you."

"Please, Michael --"

"You know, you haven't changed a bit, little brother. Always blaming everybody but yourself. We were together. We were happy. But you betrayed me -- all of us -- and you made our father leave."

"No one makes Dad do anything. He is doing this to us."

"You're a monster, Lucifer. And I have to kill you."

"If that's the way it's got to be... Then I'd like to see you try."

Lucifer and Michael start to circle each other. I move my hands around and feel a twig. I grab it and start to rub it against the rope.  As I feel the rope loosening, I look up as I hear the sound f the Impala. "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard starts to play as the Impala drives into the cemetery.

The car pulls up beside the two archangels and Dean walks out. "Howdy, boys." He says. "And Lizzie." He says, looking at me in confusion. I roll my eyes and move my arms more, showing him that I can get out of the binds. He look back at his brothers and says, "Sorry. Am I interrupting something?"

"Hey. We need to talk." Dean says to Sam, slamming the door and walking towards the men. 

"Dean. Even for you, this is a whole new mountain of stupid." Lucifer says as I continue to cut the rope. 

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam." Dean says adamantly.

"You're no longer the vessel, Dean. You got no right to be here." Michael says, like the rule-follower he is.

"Adam, if you're in there somewhere, I am so sorry." Dean says, his voice filled with remorse. 

"Adam isn't home right now."