Chapter 32: Lucifer and the Pit

Start from the beginning

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Look closely. None of these little devils look familiar to you?"

"That's Mr. Bensman... One of my grade-school teachers." Sam says, looking stunned. The one person I recognize is Doug. Sam showed me a few pictures of his life in college. Doug was in it. 

"And that's your friend Doug from that time in East Lansing. And Rachel... your prom date. Sam Winchester, this is your life." Lucifer says, spreading his arms. "Azazel's gang -- watching you since you were a rugrat, jerking you around like a dog on a leash. I know how you feel about them. Me too. So, what do you say you and I blow off a little steam?"

Sam stays quiet and Lucifer sighs. "Now Sam, I know this wasn't the best, 'Lets go get 'um' speech but there's a reason for that. The speech has many purposes. One was to convince you to stop fighting. Obviously, it didn't help. The other..." He trans off and turns his head slightly in my direction. "Was for her." Sam's eyes meet my own and he looks taken aback. 

"Now, I'm in your head, but you're also in mine. Why don't you look a little deeper into your own noggin?" Lucifer suggests. Sam's eyes slide back to Lucifer's, full of fear. They just stare at each other for about five seconds. Sam's eyes widen as he is brought out of his trance. He opens his mouth, but Lucifer clenches his fist, draining out the sound. Sam looks directly at me as he yells, thinking I can hear him.

"Sam, don't be ridiculous. She can't hear you." Lucifer says, turning to me. "Why do you think I used the language I did. I mean, 'young Skywalker'? Who says that?" He walks over to me as I tense. He crouches down next to me, and drags a finger across my cheek. I jerk back and scream out in pain. 

"What the hell?" I ask, unable to move without huge amounts of pain surging through my body.

"Don't worry." Lucifer says, standing. He looks back at the mirror, where the real Sam has disappeared. "You're not going anywhere."

He then walks over to the frozen people in the room. He raises his hand and slaughters everyone. I scream out when his hand first goes down on Rachel, but just sit there as the rest fall. Lucifer then sits down and looks in another mirror. "So... Are we having fun yet?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't sleep a wink throughout the entire night. I sat there, in silence, thinking of ways to kill Lucifer without hurting Sam. 

"You do know that you're important, right?" Lucifer says suddenly, after 8 hours of silence.

"I hunt with the Winchesters,  of course I'm some-how important." I respond, rolling my eyes. 

"No, I mean, more important than even this battle." I don't look up as he walks over to me. "I'll tune Sam out for this conversation." He says, squatting next to me. It takes so much effort to turn my head to face him. "Why do you think you're alive, huh? For conversation?"

"I was thinking just to torture me..." I say sarcastically.

He grabs my face and tilts my chin up. "You know, it's annoying when you don't understand."

"I don't want to." I says, breathing harshly.

"And why is that?" He asks, eyes dead.

"You killed them." I say, quietly. "Why would I listen to anything you say?" I raise my eyebrow, feeling my tears coming. 

He checks his watch and sighs. "Time to go." He says ruffly, grabbing my arm. Our surroundings change into a cemetery. I am tied to a grave while Lucifer stands, waiting for his brother. I turn my head at the sound of wings flapping. I see Adam standing there, but I know that Adam is long gone.