Promises Were Made

Start from the beginning

Lucy: I can still feel the tears coming up in my throat, as I ran out to the bathroom to be alone. I looked in the mirror and I asked the girl looking back, how did we get here? What am I  missing? Why am I the only that he's not missing?

Both: I could tell you these things I left unsaid. I could tell you, how I felt my cheeks burn red. You were the one, the only one I wanted. Yeah, I could tell you these things I left unsaid."

Bree: It was just me, the only one, who felt so alone. In a room full of people I should've knownnnnnnnnn.

Guitar for 5 seconds.

Lucy: (with Bree harmonizing in the background) I could tell you these things I left unsaid. I could tell you, how I felt my cheeks burn red. You were the one, the only one I wanted. Yeah, I could tell you these things I left unsaid."

Both: yeahhhhhhhhhh, whoaaaaaaaaa (x3)

Lucy: Yeah, I could tell you these things I left unsaid.

Right as we finished, I heard cheering and clapping and I saw everyone standing up. I smiled, and hugged Bree.

"That was so awesome." I told Bree, smiling, as we walked down the stage and back to our seats.

"That was so amazing, you two!" Adam told us, and we smiled.

"Aren't you glad I made you sing?" Bree asked, chuckling. I rolled my eyes, but nodded.

"Yeah, I guess." I smiled and I saw Chase looking at me. I blushed and looked down. I miss Chase!

"Was that an original song you wrote, Lucy?" Douglas asked, and I glanced at him.

"Yeah, and I'm surprised you knew the words, Bree. Because you didn't know I write music." I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, but I have heard you sing a few times." She responded, looking at me.

I giggled and I saw that Chase was gone. "Hey where'd Chase go?" I asked looking around.

"Oh, he went outside." Adam told me and I nodded.

"I'm going to go check on him." I said, standing up and walked outside.

I walked out in the freezing cold and saw Chase leaning against a wall and had his hands in his pockets. He must have heard me walk out, because he gave me a wake smile, before returning his gaze to the ground.

"Chase? What are you doing out here? It's freezing?" I asked him, concerned and shivered.

"It's not important, Lucy." He muttered, standing and turning his body towards. "Can you just leave me alone right now."

Wow, he must be really upset about the break up, just like me.

"No, I won't leave you alone in the cold. You are going to tell me what wrong right now, mister." I demanded, and stood next to him. I saw him look down, sadly

"Lucy-" he started.

"No, Chase I care about you, I want you to be ok, and it's obvious that you are upset." I grabbed his hands and made him look at me.

"You care about me, I thought you didn't?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"What? Chase I care about you more than anything." I smiled at him, and placed a hand on his cheek. "Just because we broke up, doesn't mean my feeling for you went away." Chase was surprised, and I realized what I just said, and covered my mouth.

"You still have feelings for me." Chase finally smiled for real, and was happy. My face showed no emotion, but I blushed.

"Yes, I still love you Chase, and I always will. I'm sorry, about breaking up with you." I apologized and placed my hands on his shoulders, and he placed his hands on my hips. I missed this. "I had no idea, that this took a huge toll on you, and I didn't realize, that it affected me. Until I sang that song with Bree. I miss you holding me in your arms, and all your kisses. I just want you back, but I just don't think I'm ready to get back together with you." I started to form tears in my eyes, and Chase leaned his forehead against mine.

"Lucy, please don't cry. I hate seeing your beautiful blue eyes cry. You have no idea how happy that make me feel that you want me back, and if your not ready to get back with me, thats ok take all the the time need. But, I just want you in my arms, and I just want to protect you-" Chase stopped talking, as we heard rumbling above us.

I looked up, and saw a bunch of logs and wood, starting to shake. I gasped as I saw the logs fall, and before I could do anything. Chase immediately acted fast and picked me up protectively and moved me out of the way. My breath hitched, as we moved. That was so scary.

I removed my face from Chase's chest and he looked down at me concerned.

"You ok, baby?" He asked, making sure I had no scratches or anything that could of harmed me from the fall.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Just frightened." I stuttered, with my breath shaking.

"See, I told you I would protect you, right?" He questioned, smiling confidently.

"Yeah, and sorry I couldn't save myself, I would've if I didn't freak out." I apologized, embarrassed.

"Hey it's ok. I don't mind saving you." He replied and went serious. "Lucy. I know, we both still love each other, and I know I broke the promise of never leaving you. Which I didn't leave you, but I almost did. Starting right now, I promise you. I promise I will never hurt you physically or mentally. I promise you I will protect you from anything. I promise you, I won't leave you. I love you Lucy, will you please be my girlfriend again?" Chase had his arms around me and I had my face in his his chest.

"Chase? Look, I love you, but I don't think I'm ready to date you again, I'm sorry. Can you please understand?" I looked up at him, and stared into his gorgeous hazel eyes. Chase smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I understand. I will wait till you are ready to be mine again. I love you, Lucy."

I blushed. "Thank you, I love you to, Chase." I leaned up and pecked him on the lips, just to make him keep that smile on his face. I buried my face in his chest and we just stood there for awhile.

Today, promises were made.

----🌺🌺

Aww very cute, I didn't think I would put them back together again, because it's to soon. Don't worry I will in the next chapter to two. Hope you liked it, and here are the next three chapters.

1. The Curse of the Screaming Skull

2. On The Edge!

3. The Ultimate Tailgate Challenge

See ya in the next chapter! Love you! Bye!