Twenty Two: Ti Amò

Only weeks later Gerard was finally able to stand up. Granted he was very weak, but that didn't stop him from trying. Gerard had a strong will he wouldn't let something like that get the best of him, he wouldn't let something like that take him down. When Frank saw him for the first time in weeks, he ran up and kissed him. It wasn't a simple kiss, no it was so full out make out session. Oh young love the people around him cheered, Gerard smiled and broke the kiss. He then fainted, because it was too much for him, he hadn't experienced so much happiness in a while but it took a toll on him. Of course everyone was worried when he did, but that didn't stop him from celebrating his awakening. It was only days after that Rodrigo was executed, his uncle wasn't there. His uncle couldn't watch his son die, but his uncle did say something about it.

"Roderigo wasn't even my son anyways. He was the child of a slut, a slut that claimed the child was mine. DNA test proves that Roderigo wasn't my son, but I thought he might be useful in the future." His uncle shared.

It turned out that they didn't really care about the family business, he only cared about the power and the money. They guess the slut passed some traits to him. Traits that the Iero family didn't like, the Iero's where proud to have amazing traits. Ones like confidence, bravery, loyalty, honesty, faithfulness, and most importantly caring about the family.

The Way family also had traits, they were clever, open-minded, they were loyal and humble, they were fearless and they would do whatever it takes to ensure safety towards their loved ones. Gerard was no exception, he took his name seriously, he was proud and confident but that doesn't mean he was innocent.

The family combined together would be unstoppable, with their heads up and pride in their hearts, Gerard and Frank sought to make a family that will rule the world, and bring order to it. The world was ugly, but there are places that are truly wonderful. There are places where beauty is shown, where a bunch of messed up humans can come together, find sanctuary in one place. Escaping from the grasp that the earth has on them, in a place where no one can be who they truly are. For just a short moment they're free, that's all it takes for them to experience true happiness.

The world can be a cruel place, but Frank and Gerard sought to change that. They sought to bring forth peace and happiness, they didn't ask for anything in return, they just want to create a place where people can be who they are.

The most saddening thing about this is that the world is it ready yet, they would have to wait, this moment in history, was yet to come.

Search and destroy, search for those who bring chaos, and annihilate every single one of them. All it takes is for one person to stand up, and soon more people will follow. A place where people of all ages, and of all races, with all religions could thrive in peace. Frank and Gerard would create that place, they like it loud.

All it took was one person to change the world, and they are willing to die for that to
change.

So when Gerard walked down the aisle, he grinned, a bouquet in his hands, and a veil in his face. His black and white dress contrasting from his red hair, the place was beautiful, he stood in front of Frank.

Mayonnaise by the smashing pumpkins was heard in the background, everyone stared at them and smiled, they were witnessing true love. The priest smiled as he began the ceremony, looking down he started.

The priest begins. "My dear friends, you have come together in this church so that the Lord may seal and strengthen your love in the presence of the Church's minister and this community. Christ abundantly blesses this love."

Frank looks at Gerard and smiles, which Gerard does too, although Frank can see him.

"-He has already consecrated you in baptism and now he enriches and strengthens you by a special sacrament so that you may assume the duties of marriage in mutual and lasting fidelity. And so, in the presence of the Church, I ask you to state your intentions. Frank and Gerard, have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"

Frank and Gerard join hands.

Frank smiles. "I, Frank Iero, take you, Gerard Way, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. I will love and honor you all the days of my life."

"I, Gerard Way, take you, Frank Iero, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life." Gerard says.

The priest speaks."You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined, men must not divide."

Everyone is tearing up, and Cali is crying, she just felt so happy.

"Lord, bless and consecrate Frank Iero and Gerard Way
in their love for each other.
May these rings be a symbol
of true faith in each other,
and always remind them of their love. Through Christ our Lord." The priest says.

"Gerard Way, take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" Frank says, he puts on the black with encrusted white diamonds with one big diamond in the middle on Gerard's ringer finger.

"Frank Iero, take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" Gerard says, he puts on a black with encrusted white diamonds surrounding it, on Frank's ring finger.

"You may now kiss the groom." The priest finishes, they smile as Frank and Gerard share a tiny kiss. They all cheer and the newly wedded couple share a smile. The after party is about to begin.

They both have their time of their lives, and at the end they go to the hotel where they rest until they have to leave towards the airport.

"Ti amo, Gerard." Frank said to him.

"I love you too, Frank." Gerard says back.