Nineteen: Wedding

Being married was a completely different term for Gerard, and according to what Cali had told him he was supposed to get married soon.

"The suitor would be accepted only if they can prove that they could defend theirselves, and have skills that every mafia needs. The Donna should be prepared to lead and care for her family, and always be faithful towards her husband. The suitor should get married on the specific date, only in spring. It symbolizes that the new couple will bloom at that time, and through out the year they might experience hot moments of passion, moments of tranquility, and cold moments of grief and sorrow, but no matter what they will always be the wonderful flower. The bride was to wear a dress, made from pure lace and soft silk, the color would be white with a black top. The groom will wear a black suit with hints of red, everything would tie in together, and the whole family would be there. The ceremony would be done outside and the after party at a venue, the atmosphere would be dark and the only light would be in the center on the newly wed couple." Cali said.

She smiled at Gerard, and he felt so lucky at the moment. He was going to marry Frank, he wished the all the girls were still alive to see him get married. He smiled when he saw the picture of what he was going to wear, a floral wedding dress and a silk black top, and his bridesmaids dress were long and red, the maid of honor's had a splash of black. He felt incredibly lucky, because he was going to marry someone that had only ever existed in his dreams. The door opened and inside stepped Frank, who was grinning and looking at me with confidence. he smiled and his expression changed to one of absolute joy, he only smiled when he was around Gerard and Cali, he didn't like to show his emotions too much.

"Gerard, I'm going to leave in a couple of hours, you're in charge while I'm gone." Frank said, he winked at me and left the room.

"Gerard! We have a wedding to plan, come on focus!" Cali said, she laughed and looked at Gerard with total joy.

Gerard smiled. "Okay. I want you to be the maid of honor. I think I really want Brendon to be the best man, and I want the bouquet to be made from roses, lilies and tulips."

"What colors?" Cali asked.

"I want black roses, white lilies, and red tulips. I think I want a corsage made from lilies too. I think lilies mean purity, and I want lily of the valley as the center piece, and for the aisle I want rose petal design on the floor leading up to the alter." Gerard smiled, his eyes sparkling as he talked.

Cali giggled. "You're so excited Gerard, like a kid-"

A large explosion was heard, he stood up, ran down stairs two pistols in his hands. He saw people gathering around, gunshots heard and one guy shooting everyone. He looked at the guy and he laughed, he grinned evilly.

"You're the boss here? So pathetic, a true boss wouldn't let their place be invaded." He smirked. He laughed, everyone looking at him with anger.

"The boss also would know there-" He was cut off when Gerard shot the men behind him straight in their crotches. Gerard stepped down.

"Who are you?" Gerard said.

The man chuckled. "Well Frank, I came to take your throne, of course we've never met each other. I always knew that I should be the one in charge not my uncle's son. Someone as feminine as you shouldn't be leading a mafia, no one would take you seriously. Goodbye Frank, loved meeting you before you die-"

Gerard burst out laughing, the whole family smiled, they loved their Donna.

"You must be embarrassed at the moment, I'm not related to you. For now I'm not, so you came here with big noises and try to shoot my family?" Gerard chuckled.

The guy frowned. "Who are you? Frank should be the one here."

"I appreciate your interest in my name, but I don't like to be fooled. It's rather rude to have people wander around a place they aren't invited to." Gerard said, he pointed his gun towards a girl.

"What's your name?" Gerard asked, the girl was bleeding already.

"Jasmine." She said.

"Why are you here?" Gerard pushed further. The girl looked at the man, she was shaking.

"He brought me here, he wanted to use me as bait. I don't have anything to do with this, please let me go." Jasmine pleaded.

Gerard frowned. "You've brought a woman with a child, just so people wouldn't harm you because you knew they wouldn't shoot? What a petty move, you should be ashamed."

Jasmine was loosing too much blood, and her daughter was cradled against her. Gerard shot the man in the knee, he reach toward Jasmine.

"What's her name?" He asked gently, she smiled lightly.

"Lana." Jasmine said.

"I'll keep her Gerard, I always wanted to take care of a little child." Cali said.

"Okay." He responded.

"I'll take care of Lana, rest now she's in safe hands. You know your body can't take no more, go now sweetie." Gerard coaxed. In seconds Jasmine drew her final breath, the little girl began to cry.

"Lana, you must be tired. You're only two year old, you should have your sleep." Gerard said to the baby.

"Throw the guy in the cell, Frank will deal with him later. I assume there isn't much damage? I want someone to bring me the basic baby supplies as soon as possible. I want everyone accounted for, I also want everyone who was injured and hasn't already left to go to infirmary now."

Gerard cradled the small girl in his hands. "Well I guess we found the flower girl. Lana, you're now Cali's little girl."

Gerard handed her to Cali, a part of Gerard melted. He wouldn't mind having child Frank and him could call their own.