Chapter 61: Understand

"reject you-" He paused, looking me in my eyes

Tears start to fill my eyes, but this is better, this is how it's meant to be... I'm just a liability, "why'd you stop" I ask, trying to hide my voice that's shaking and breaking. 

He looks me in my eyes, his stare cold, refusing to show any emotion as I refuse to cry.

"I, Xavier  Michealson, reject you, Alice, as my mate and as my Luna." 

Something in my heart broke, not even something in my soul did, and I couldn't breath, now all I have to accept it. 

"I, Alice Emma Hernandez, accept your rejection, Xavier Erik Michealson, as -"

"Some things won't be forgiven Ace, this will be one of them if you finish your damn sentence" Xavier interrupted. 

"Some things are for the best-" 

"Stop telling yourself that, give me a different reason. Not because of the liability, give me another reason and I'll let you go."

"Your father wasn't trying to kill me, Xavier, he was trying to make sure I wouldn't bear any children. The doctor said it too- the likeliness of me having kids is very low, actually its exactly 0.001%, he damaged my insides, even if I do conceive, I can't carry, I can die, they can die. You want a family, you want children, you want this life that I can't offer you. To take a chance of life- of hope away from you, I can't be that cruel and I can't be that selfish. So I rather have you hate me than take away the life you want from you. I'm broken in many ways Xavier, and I'm not strong enough." 

He looked at me, either in disgust or disbelief, maybe both. 

"I, Alice Emma Hernandez, accept your rejection, Xavier Erik Michealson, as your mate and as your L- wait you didn't properly reject me you have to state the middle names." 

He still just stared at me, never moving, and never talking. He just stares down at me. 

"You are my hope, dumb-ass, and of course I didn't say your middle name- you wouldn't have caught that unless you were finding a reason to stay," he looked at me "I'll kill my father, but how can you ever think I'll hate you. Why can't you let me make my own choice, stop choosing for me."

He was eerily calm- "I understand now- it's not that you want to leave, it's not that you don't love me. It's because you don't want to cause me worry or pain." 

He smiled- a creepy Cheshire smile.