Chapter 14: Nightmare

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screamed in an all too familiar situation.
"Ace, this will be our little secret." The wicked man smiled.
"No! Stop! Please." I sob, at the age of six what was I suppose to do?
"Ace, this is your fault, if you tell anyone they will hate you!" He hissed.
"But what did I do, please let go of me!" Fighting and screaming until a hand covered my mouth.
"Tsk tsk Ace, what did I say about fighting back?" He grinned evilly.
"You're suppose to be daddy's friend, why are you doing this to me." I sobbed shaking.
He begins to undress himself.

"Ace! Ace, wake up!" I felt shocks spark me awake, from the nightmare that was once my reality.
I woke up, drowned in sweat, to see Xavier standing over me with his grey eyes.
"It's not real, I promise you whatever it was, is not real." He said as his large arms engulfed me, rocking me back and forth.
I couldn't breathe, my throat tightening, my vision blurred, my heart racing as my stomach dropped.
"Shit! Baby calm down!" Xavier said, not knowing what to do.
I can't breathe, dark spots line my vision. I was slowly calming down, I can feel it.
"Ace, baby, please, please relax!" Xavier pleaded, but it was already too late.
The all too familiar darkness engulfed me.

My head is killing me! Ughhh.
"Alpha! She's awake!" Someone shouts, I open my eyes to see Patrick standing over me, "okay Ace, take it easy, I'm the pack doctor, I need you to answer some questions, okay?"
My eyes dart around the room, finally landing on Xavier who is leaning against the door frame.
"Okay..." I answer weakly.
"How old are you?"
"18."
"When did you start getting panic attacks?"
"When I was about 12."
"Do you know what would calm you down in these situations?"
My eyes dart involuntarily to Xavier, and then back to the doctor, I could feel his eyes burning a hole in my skull.
"Oh, I see, were you starting to calm down?"
"Yes, slowly, but it was too late." I say.
Patrick nods his head.
"Xavier, don't put your mate under anymore stress, anymore panic attacks wouldn't be a good thing." And then he Patrick looked at me and said "Ace, I need you to try and stay calm okay?"
"I'll try..." I replied back weakly.
Patrick left the room, leaving me alone with Xavier.
"You should get some rest." Xavier said.
"Okay..."
Xavier stops leaning on the doorway, it looks as if he was about to leave, but instead he took the chair from the desk in my room and pulled it next to the bed. "I'll stay until you fall asleep."
I closed my eyes, letting sleep overcome me, I felt Xavier's lips on my forehead and heard him whisper "Sweet dreams baby."
With only one thought...

Did the Alpha just call me baby?