Chapter 44: Car Ride

Xavier and I have been driving for ten minutes, ten- and already I feel like having a panic attack. 'Way to go Ace, you're so normal' I thought to myself. 50 more minutes to go...

"Usually mates feel the bond, two werewolves can just tell. Like all it takes is for you to look the person in the eyes and bam- you found them. But the fact of the matter is, you're not a werewolf, you are completely human. I knew that- but Ace I am a VERY selfish person. I want what is meant to be mine, and you babygirl: are meant to be MINE." Xavier never took his eyes off the rode as he continued, "It's all new to me, loving someone- it's all new, no I'm not pure, I am not. But I ho-" 

"Neither am I." I stated, but it wasn't due to my nightmares. 

He stopped the car- I could tell he was angry. Angry over my past. So I explained:

"When I was 17, I started talking to this boy, his name was Robert. Now Rob had three tattoos, he didn't have a car, in all honesty he just had himself. And I deeply and truly loved him, a part of me always will. We were talking for about a month, before we made it official. He met my parents, he knew my friends since I've known him since I was 14. Rob, he was always in some kind of trouble at that time, to be honest he isn't a nice person. We dated for about two months, now Rob made it clear he hated waiting, he made it clear he wanted to marry me, he made it clear he would never leave. I was his queen, and he was most definitely my king. My friends, and siblings disliked him- he cheated on me before, the day he told me over text, hours later he shows up at my house to ask forgiveness. I forgave him, I always forgave him. We fought a lot, like a lot, a lot, but he was home. 

"I never asked him for anything, in all honesty I paid for most of our dates. I did everything he ever asked, and it still wasn't good enough for him. He compared me to his ex- all the time. He called me names, and he always got so angry- but I was just being myself. I didn't understand it. But I truly loved that boy, and he didn't appreciate that fact, everything his ex did to him, I had to pay for. I had to pay for her mistakes. And that wasn't fair nor was it right. The one and only time I had sex, was when we made two months.

"I know two months don't seem long, but I was hell bent on marrying that boy.  I truly was, I could never hate him- I still don't. He considered himself as a monster, but in all honesty I never did, I was never scared of him. He had this light in his eyes, he had good in him. I have always seen a light in him, and I truly always will 

"The day we had sex, I did shake my head no- for a while too. But when he did stop he got angry. Like he was truly mad. He was an impatient guy, so I told him I was ready- it just hurt too much. We did it that day. It was truly terrible, but it was special. Well it was to me. Two days later we broke up.

"He might never admit it, but he was still in love with his ex. He truly is. Shit truly stopped between us when his ex told him she still loved him- and I thought sex would help us. Like create a bond. And I was wrong. After the break up, I tried everything to get him back. I cried for a very long time. He said he would be back someday, and he will marry me someday, and I said I would wait for someday, and he said he will too. After that, we decided to stay friends- I stayed because I truly loved him, I truly did, I stayed so at least I can still be on his side. I even told him he didn't have to love me for me to love him, and I will always support him. 

"And I did, I truly did. I waited and waited, and it was hopeless but I waited, I waited for a very long time. But sometimes, loving someone is better from a distance, its like a flower, once it's picked- it dies. And that's the best way to describe our love- his and I." It was silent until I spoke up again: "That was when I stopped believing in forever, when I stopped making 11:11 wishes, and wishing on stars. That was when I vowed to never let anyone in. He was the only one to see my scars. He knew all my fears and dreams and beliefs. And when he left that was when I truly gave up hope, for anything good for me."

He stared at me. Then he looked to the rode and started driving. We drove in silence. Until we reached our destination.