Chapter 59: Liability (Part 1)

Well that was deep. 

"Still makes me a stalker, I know. But like I said I've never done this before. Besides the pact there was no one I wanted to protect, or save. I'm ruthless for a reason, I have no regard for anyone's life. Hell you've seen it-" he chuckled, "I can rip a man's heart out, and women's; and I will enjoy... every... last... second of it." He smiled, as if he was proud of this fact, and he was- you can see it in his eyes. "Hell Ace, I know you, I've known you for quite some time. Living with you has helped me know you even better. You are not easy to understand you, so I gave up on that a while back, but getting to know you is better than nothing." Xavier said as he started to eat my french fries. 

"I'm still confused- you didn't know we were mates yet you still chose to protect me, you chose to put your ENTIRE life on the line. You could've lost your pack, your status, everything. And for what a human?

"I asked myself that, hell I even asked my beta, I asked the guys. I even called my sister, told her everything. And she said the exact same thing: "and for what, a human?". But in the end I made my choice. I chose this Ace, I chose to risk my life's work, my family, I didn't risk it for my mate (because at the time you weren't), I risked it for you." 

"I still don't understand why..." 

"Ace, understand I'm not asking you to..." looking up from the plate, "I wanted to protect you, because I knew I couldn't fix you. You looked at the sky with a smile on your face as it rained, and you cried trying to make sure your voice wasn't going to break. You were me Ace. You broke trying not to break, determined to fix yourself, but every time you tried to fix yourself you kept finding more things to fix, like holes in a bucket trying to stop the leak with tape. I'm ruthless for a reason, and I refused to let the girl who stares at the raining sky trying to find beauty in her own existence- lose. So I watched you, Ace- there is so much beauty to your existence that you will never quite see, but I'll always be here to remind you of it."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I whispered as I stood up. 

"Ace, why don't you believe me?" He said blocking my way. "How can you say you love me, and yet completely doubt me." 

"Because you can't control fate."

"Alice Emma Hernandez, you are my fate."

"No Xavier Erik Michealson, I am your downfall. Xavier, I'm your weakness."

"No Alice, you're the only goodness I have in me, you're my strength."

"And your father, your enemies, what will they say I am? Not your strength, I'm your weakness." 

"Stop calling yourself that!" 

"It's true! Xavier, I might be your mate but I'm human... Protecting me is a liability. That's all I am"

"YOU'RE NOT A LIABILITY DAMMIT ALICE"

"I'll be your ruin Xavier."

'Ace it has to be done. You have to leave, his father promised to come back, he said I was a liability. You will be his death, Ace.' I thought to myself.

"I, Alice Emma Hernandez, reject you, Xav-"