Steve Rogers- Date

[thank you for the 5k followers everyone! It means so much ^^]

Steve Rogers knows how to fight. He knows how to punch. How to make sure his opponent says down.

But what he doesn't know is how to talk to girls. Like at all. If he's honest, he's still that shy, scrawny kid from Brookyln. A man out of his time, everyone calls him.

Steve had picked out a large bouquet of pink flowers, along with a box of candy. He had asked Natasha on what to do if he wanted to ask someone on a date. He had stressed that he was asking for a friendly maybe a little too much.

"Flowers are necessary if you want to achieve your goal," Natasha had said. "Pick out the ones that pop."

"Pop?"

"Yes. Pop. Like they stick out."

So Steve had picked the pink flowers because they were the tallest out of the others, definitely sticking out amongst the roses and Lillie's.

It's when he gets to your door he doesn't know what to say. He panics, doesn't even realize he's knocking until you swing open the door and smile.

"Steve. Hey. What's up?"

His eyes widen as he looks down at the flowers, really trying not to blush as he holds them up.

And then you laugh. And Steve nearly cries.

His cheeks burn the color of the roses he had seen earlier as he moves to walk away.

"No, Steve, wait, I just-" You break off into another fit of giggles. "I've never been asked out like this before. It's usually through text message or something."

He grins sheepishly. "Sorry. I thought this would be more romantic."

"Romantic?" Steve can feel his ears burning. "And adorable."

"I, uh, got these for you. They.. popped." Steve hands you the flowers and watches as your grin grows wider.

"Thank you."

"It's not problem."

"Steve?"

"Yes?"

"Didn't you want to ask me something?"

"What? Oh! Yeah. Yeah," Steve clears his throat and smiles. "(Y/n), would you allow me to take you on a date this evening?"