Pietro Maximoff- Red Death

[The 5th Wave AU. ):]

Your hands are shaking as you pull down a lose board on the window and peer outside. The whole street is deserted. Dead. No signs of life coming from any of the other houses.

"(Y/n)," Pietro enters the room, eye widening as you turn from the window. "Get away from there!"

You shake your head, looking back outside, trying to find anything that's alive. And then his hands are sudden on yours, pulling it away from the piece of wood with a hard tug.

The screw on the board slices across your skin, blood instantly pooling in your palm and Pietro takes a breath.

"I am sorry. I'm sorry," He wraps his arms around you, struggling to keep himself from trembling. "I did not mean it."

You nod, pushing him back with a small smile and watch as red droplets splat onto the floor.

"I do not know if we have any more bandages," He sighs, takes you by the wrist and leads you to the bathroom. "At least the water works."

You observe Pietro as he turns on the tap, running your hand under the cool water. Concern etched into Pietro's face, turning his lips downward and eyebrows furrowed closer together.

"I hope you do not get an infection," Pietro murmurs to himself, drying off your hand with a small wad of tissue. "That is the last thing we need."

You grimace when he opens the cabinet above the sink, seeing your reflection on the small mirrors on the doors.

"Aha!" He pulls out a first aid kit, fishes around the box until he comes up with gauze and clear tape. "I knew there was still some of this up here."

Sighing, you rest your head against his shoulder as he wraps your hand, trying hard to ignore the nausea building up in your stomach.

"We really should-" Pietro stops, freezes so completely you're forced to look at him. "(Y/n), you.."

Blinking, you feel wetness along your waterline. You turn to the mirror, not at all surprised to see blood running down your cheeks from the corner of your eyes.

"No," Pietro puts his hands on your shoulder, gritting his teeth and you meet his fiery gaze. "First Wanda, now you? I will not accept this! You cannot-"

"Just go," You whisper, lowering yourself to the floor, wrapping your arms around your legs, getting blood on your pants. "There's nothing you can do for me."

"There must be-"

"Go!" You shout, grabbing the first thing you see and chuck it at him. The brush splinters apart as it collides with the wall, inches above Pietro's head. "Get out of here!"

"Okay," Pietro whispers, tears already pooling as he lowers himself and kisses your forehead softly "I will go. I love you, okay? I love you."

You nod, smiling wearily. "I love you too, Pietro. Try to survive, yeah?"

He nods back, leaves the bathroom, leaves the house, doesn't even making it a mile until the silencer takes him out.