Bucky Barnes- Soulmates

[I love this AU. I'm so doing it for every character you guys comment I'm so serious.]

Bucky doesn't want a soulmate, nor does he need one. The numbers on his arm have been on pause ever since he fell from the train and became the Winter Solider.

But they've restarted for some particular reason, and he stares down at his right wrist is disbelief.

00days 00hours 01minute 51seconds

And then he completely loses it, startling Steve as he leaps up from his seat in the cafe and bolts for the door. He cannot, will not, hopefully won't, meet his soulmate.

00days 00hours 01minute 23seconds

His breath is raged as he shoves past people on the sidewalks, shouting at him to slow down, but he picks up his pace and finds an old record store on the corner of a street.

Well, if he's going to meet his soulmate, he's going to make it as hard as possible. So he pushes open the door, slips into the farthest row in the darkest corner, and slides down the wall into the floor.

00days 00hours 00minutes 23seconds

Bucky's heart is thumping wildly in his chest, his ears falling deaf to the light footsteps heading towards him.

And when his numbers reach zero, a shadow falls in front of him and he looks up slowly.

You're staring, eyes wide and confused. Bucky's sure you're disappointed that he's your soulmate, that you'll reject him.

But then you're holding out your hand, your sleeve slipping up past your wrist to reveal that the numbers also read zero.

So takes your hand and a zap of lightning shoot up his spine, fireworks exploded behind his eyes. He doesn't realize he's on his feet until you speak.

"H-Hi.."

Then there's a bright flash and he looks up, dazed, to see Steve standing there with a camera.

His eyes widen. "Did I just ruin your moment?"