Loki Laufeyson- My Purpose

[Okay. First angsty chapter of 2016. I lasted six days without writing death. I am proud of myself.]

Loki doesn't know what's worse; watching the one he loves dying, or watching the one he loves dying and not being able to do anything about it. Definitely the latter.

"(Y/n)," Loki tries to extend his hand to grab hers, to pull her to safety, to be taken away to Asgard but as long as she's safe. "It's alright. You will be fine."

She smiles despite the tears running down her dusty cheeks. "You know that's not the truth, Loki."

He scoots closer, just within reach.

But Thor grabs onto his cape and throws him across the Avengers Towers' terrace. "Brother, please, stop this!"

Loki can't do anything but stare at where he had once been laying, chest on the ground and fingers inches from hers. "I can't," he chokes out. "It's too late. And (Y/n).."

Thor turns, looks over the edge, and back to Loki grimly. "I am sorry, Brother, but she is-"

"No!" Loki stumbled forward, almost teeters right over the building if Thor wouldn't of caught his shoulders. And that's when he sees her. Falling through the air and hits the ground miles and miles below.

"Loki, we must-"

"Get away from me!" Loki pulls out the small dagger and embeds it between Thor's ribs, knowing it won't do him much harm but he does it anyways because she's dead. (Y/n)'s dead and it's all his fault. "If you wouldn't have grabbed me I could have.. I could have saved her."

Thor pulls the knife from his side and throws it on behind him. "I am truly sorry, but we must focus on Chitari. If we do not do something, they will-"

"I do not care," Loki seethes. "My purpose. The reason I had done this. It was all for her. And now she's dead," The scepter flies into Loki's hands. Vicious green swirls around Loki as he meets his brothers eyes. "You will pay for her death, dear brother."