Bucky Barnes- Peter Pan

[What happens when I watch Pan for the first time.]

Bucky's an old fashioned kind of guy. Sure, he's seen a car fly(only for a few seconds), knows his best friend is a super solider(even though he's still a huge dork), and heard the many stories of aliens coming in through a portal and destroyed most of New York(which sounds fake but okay).

So when (Y/n) stands on the edge of the roof of the base, smiling and declaring she can fly, Bucky shouldn't doubt her words.

But he does, and she tells him she can prove it. Bucky just stares, unable to wrap his mind around her words when she holds up her arms and falls. He loses it momentarily, trying to grab onto her, but she's gone and he doesn't think twice about leaping into the air after her.

And then he's in (Y/n)'s arms, quiet literally swept off his feet. He shouldn't be surprised, because she had told him she could fly, but they're yards in the air and Bucky almost screams when she takes him by the hand lets him out of her arms.

"How are you doing this!" Bucky shouts, clinging to (Y/n)'s hand as she soars over the base in a large circle.

"It's easy, really," She says back with complete ease, setting him down on the roof. "I just believe."

Bucky could laugh, because he knows that line. "That's from Peter Pan. You're lying. I understood that reference."

(Y/n) grins. "Well, then I guess I'm Peter Pan."

"No," Bucky squints. "Don't lie."

"I'm not."

Bucky crosses his arms. "I don't believe you."

"My heart," (Y/n) begins dramatically, placing her hand over her chest. "Is broken. I cannot fly anymore. Leave me to die."

Bucky rolls his eyes, takes her hand, and pulls her inside. "Okay, okay. I believe you. Happy?"

(Y/n) nods, her feet no longer on the ground as Bucky walks. "Very."