The Avengers- Detention

(Requested by thefirstavenger_ /High School AU. Pre-serum!Steve)

Maybe you deserve this. Maybe you do belong in detention. After all, you did kinda punch Johann Schmidt.

But he had it coming, really. Johann, or 'Red Skull', dubbed by the upperclassman, had beaten up Steve Rogers. He's usually with his best friend, Bucky Barnes, who holds him back and calms him down, but due to his schedule change, Steve had been alone when he marched up to Red Skull and told him to stop picking on the freshman he had been tormenting.

Now you're not one for violence, but you know Steve. He's a nice kid, all 90 pounds of him, and he doesn't deserve to be pummeled.

So, you threw your bag down and leapt onto Red Skull, using the years in martial arts to take him down and whisper lowly in his ear that if he laid another finger on Steve Rogers, you'd do more than sprain his wrist.

He struggled, threatening you in German, but you cut him off mid threat by twisting his arm and he howls.

The security guards had come to break up a fight, but you had released Red Skull and was helping Steve to his feet. You turned to them and said, "I suppose I'll get detention now,"

So now, as you push open the door, you huff when you see Red Skull sulking in the front with a brace around his wrist.

He growls like a dog and you glare. The teacher clears his throat and you hand him the slip. He drones on about cellphones being off limits, absolutely no talking and tells you to sit anywhere you like.

About five minutes later, the door bangs open and Bucky, Steve, and three other guys come bustling in. You recognize the large blond as Thor, the goofy brunette as Clint, and the scowling one who looks like he's plotting his schema to take over the world as Loki.

"Kids," The teacher tsk's, telling them the same thing he had told you and they nod.

"(Y/n)!" Steve whispers, sitting next to you and Bucky on the other side. You flash him a nervous grin and grimace lightly when you see his fat lip and black eye. "Hey. I wanted to tell you that-"

"Shh!" The teacher hisses, glaring until his eyes wander back to his newspaper.

Bucky takes over, leaning closer and touches your arm. "Thank you for helping Steve out when I wasn't there. And for, you know, making Schmidt cry like a baby,"

Thor throws back his head and laughs loudly, making the teacher and Red Skull jump and turn with nasty looks.

"I sense a hostile edge to your sneers," Thor comments, and Loki groans.

"Oh, do shut up, you idiotic oaf,"

"Brother, please, why are you so unpleasant?"

"If you utter another word, I will mark you absent. All of you!" The teacher shouts, slamming down his paper and you gulp.

"Excuse me, dear teacher, I apologize for my brothers vile behavior,"

"Thor, you clueless barbarian! Fight me and I will-"

"Next Saturday, I will see you here bright and early," The teacher snaps, smirking when you all groan.

"Fucking teachers," Bucky mutters.

"Buck," Steve shakes his head, and he huffs and leans back in his chair.

There's a moment of silence until-

Clint's phone begins to ring, and Highway to Hell's main chorus makes you all jump as Clint scrambles to silence it.

"Mr. Barton. I do believe you owe me something," The teacher says, peering over his glasses and Clint freezes before looking at the window, back to him, and grins.

"Not today!" He shouts, jumping up from his seat and dives out of the open window.

[Requests are Open]