Wanda Maximoff- Soulmates

[Whhy did I have to write this right when I woke up. Seriously. What is wrong with me?]

Wanda doesn't understand why she's taking a walk. Maybe it's because she needs to get away from the stuffy training rooms. Maybe she just needs to take a breather.

00days 00hours 10minuets 13seconds

No, actually, she's hoping to meet her soulmate. Ever since Pietro's death, she's been longing to find that second part of her. And in just a few short moments, she will.

Wanda's decided to stay by a small cafe, watching as her numbers go by painfully slow.

00days 00hours 01minuet 12seconds

She pays for the small cup of tea she had ordered and stands, waiting by an intersection and scans the partly empty street. Wanda's glad today is such a slow day in New York, or she'd have trouble finding her soulmate.

And then right when he numbers are about to stop, a woman from across the street smiles.

"Hi," she mouths, and Wanda's face lights up with a grin as the woman steps off the sidewalk.

But their moment is broken when a car comes screeching around the corner, plows right through the red light and-

Wanda felt a part of her die right along with Pietro, but the pain of losing her soulmate, there's no comparison.

She doesn't register the scream coming from her mouth as her soulmate is thrown in the air, landing at least a yard away with her neck at an awkward angle.

00days 00hours 00minuets 01second

Wanda's numbers burn as she races for her soulmate, who's eyes are glasses and unforced. There's no need to check her pulse, though, because Wanda's numbers have stopped and that only means one thing: her soulmate is dead.