...End Flashback

We certainly weren't the best of friends or anything though considering the only thing I knew about the man was his name but it was still nice to have at least one person I could talk to sometimes.

Even if most of the time I was picturing doing much more than talking with the gorgeous hunk of meat my cellie was, but my fantasies were all I had and possibly all I'd ever have since neither of us had uttered even one word about the kiss since that fateful night and he never made any move towards me to suggest he was even interested in anything but 'talk'.

I was surprised by how much I missed him today. He usually had his visitations in the evenings so this was the first time he'd actually missed yard time. It was strange how much I'd become accustomed to the prison routine and missing him only made me see how much I'd come to appreciate the simplicity of sitting beside him for a few minutes outdoors every day.

I would have been completely content if I'd even been able to carry on my mundane lifestyle but as was always waiting in the wings of every maximum security facility; trouble eventually found me.

I hadn't been assigned any deliveries today since Nathan was the one who usually did that and so I was sitting there with a few of the guys just enjoying the warmth of the sun and wondering when Nathan would be back when John and two of the others stepped up in front of me successfully blocking the rays of the sun from penetrating my pale flesh. I straightened in the seat, tilting my head to appraise them.

"We've got an assignment for you." He said, his tone serious.

"Okay, just give me the package and tell me who you need it delivered to." I said pushing up from my seat.

"This isn't a delivery. If you're going to be a part of this crew then it's about time you start earning your keep." He said and my brows furrowed.

It was no secret that most of the guys didn't like me doing deliveries because they thought it was just a little too easy and in some ways I agreed; it really didn't seem fair that I was getting off with doing such a simple task while the others had to do the tough stuff but it still didn't change the fact that this was Nathan's call and he was the only one I answered to. Well that and the thought of doing the more dangerous tasks didn't entice me in the least.

"Now you're gonna go over there." He pointed to D-Fox's crew, "Find your little friend Ty and make sure you two are the best of friends before the hour's up." He told me.

"What's that gonna prove?"

"We need more guys on the inside and Ty's so slippery something tells me he knows a bit more than anyone would think."

"A bit more what? What does he know?" I asked in exasperation and the big guy growled. Yes growled; it was disconcerting the say the least.

"Don't worry about that now, just go make friends with him, everything else comes later."

"What does Nathan have to say about this?" I questioned, folding my arms before my chest.

John shifted from foot to foot his expression no less threatening than before. "This is how it is boy, the rest of us took a vote; we decided you're not pulling your own weight and if you don't do this then you're out."

The three of them stared at me; menacingly and I swallowed...hard.

"John, this isn't a good idea." Eddie spoke up. He looked slightly pissed off and I hoped he could talk some sense into him.

He ignored him, his eyes boring into mine; "Get over there and do your job...Nathan might be the leader in your eyes but we all get a say in this." And looking around at the others with the exception of Eddie I realized they were all in agreement with John.