HP Houses Ignorance Stops Here: Slytherin Stereotypes

Considerably Good Slytherins

1. Merlin

2. Horace Slughorn

3. Snape?

4.Regulus Black

5. Malfoy

6. Andromeda Black

7. prongswrites

8. Half of me!

Bad Seeds

1. Umbridge 2. Rita Skeeter? 3. Salazar Slytherin 4. Bellatrix 5. Voldymort 6. The Carrows

Slytherin Facts

You can blame Voldemort for our bad rep.

J.K. intended for a half blood to be in Slytherin (squib and muggle parents)

Gifted in Occlumency

Some Slytherins were among the reinforcements brought by Slughorn during the Battle of Hogwarts

Traits

Fraternity

Resourcefulness

Cunning

Ambitious

Self-Preservation

Clever

Element: Water

House Colors: Green and Silver

J.K. On Slytherin

"You are seeing Slytherin house always from the perspective of Death Eater's children. They are a small fraction of the total Slytherin population. I'm not saying that all the other Slytherin's are adorable, but they're certainly not Draco, they're certainly not, you know, Crabbe and Goyle. They're not all like that, that would be too brutal for words, wouldn't it?"

STEREOTYPES

Slytherins can't be brave.
A person can be whatever they choose to be.

All Slytherins are evil.
Hmmmmmmm

Slytherin does not work with the rest of Hogwarts

Slytherin helps create balance and this only said because we got a perspective of a story from Gryffindors pov with bad seeds from Slytherin. I think the other houses work really well with Slytherin.

Slytherins only care about money.
Nah just ambitious

All racists are in Slytherin.

(Excerpt from somewhere. Why did 12 year old me love not putting sources that I can't find now? I'll find it later maybe.)

"[Rowling] tweeted any racist would be sorted into Slytherin... This is when Ron thinks all giants are necessarily evil, despite his experiences with Hagrid?" Granger said. "So he's not a racist? What does that make him? I don't know if you want to call giants a race, but what else would you call them?"

Granger added that Ron judging Harry's parseltongue is just as damning, as he's "got all these prejudices from his childhood that are just as ingrained and unexamined as Draco Malfoy's blood purity fixation." It's just that, you know, Draco's racism is far more overt, and against real human beings instead of giants and house-elves.

Not just Slytherins. I think personally it's a lot more ignorance and hierarchy feeling than racism in some cases. I haven't recalled Draco being racist in the book considering almost everyone was white. Classist defiantly tho. 

All blondes go to Slytherin.

Is it just me but why do I find all blonde children creepy?

Another opinion.

"[Rowling] is trying to make this Nazi [connection]," he said. "It's an easy win for a writer, if you want to identify the bad guys — especially in the United Kingdom, to identify the bad guys, you make Hitler connections. Yeah, it's been 70 years since the war, but that's just a given in the United Kingdom that Nazis are bad, and those who resist the Nazis are good, and an easy token for Nazis is being blonde haired and blue eyed."

I feel like one of my fellow Americans wrote this. The malfoys were the only blondes I know of off the top of my head.

CONCLUSION:

Stop giving us crap for being ourselves. Thank you