9. Everything's Going To Change

Beginne am Anfang

He slammed the door shut behind him and I whimpered as I blinked back tears. My emotions are all over the place. What the shuck is wrong with me?! I slowly picked up the note and unfolded it before I began to read.

'Clara. We saw your...predicament. In the bag is information as to what is happening to you since you can't remember as well as..supplies to stop the bleeding. There is also medicine to ease the pain. Good luck, Hope you feel better soon. Don't show this note to anyone else. We weren't supposed to help you, but we did it anyway. You're welcome.

                                                                                                                  -T'

I blinked a few times as I re-read the note. We weren't supposed to help? Who the klunk is 'we'? And who is 'T'? Obviously one of the we's. I'm so dumb sometimes! I rolled my eyes at my thoughts as I opened the bag and looked inside. I pulled out a handful of papers and began to read through them. By the time I was done, my face was bright red with embarrassment. A period? I really couldn't remember that I was supposed to bleed once a month?! Ugh! I threw my hands up in frustration before I pulled out a box labelled 'tampons'. I pulled the instructions out and my face turned an even brighter shade of red once I read how to use them. I facepalmed and slowly got to my feet.

"And just how in the klunk am I supposed to get to the bathroom or the showers without anyone asking questions or completely freaking out like Gall did?!"

I walked to my bed and got to my knees, pulling up a loose board underneath and stashing the note. I replaced the board and stood back up before making my way to the door and peeking out of it. I quickly spotted Clint and called him over as quietly as I could. He walked over, a confused look plastered on his face.

"Clara? Shouldn't you be with the other Sloppers right now? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Look, Clint, I need you to do me a huge favor. But, you have to be as discreet as possible. Good that?"

He blinked and stared at me for a moment before slowly nodding his head in compliance.

"Good that. What is it, Clara?"

"I need you to go get Newt or Gally. Whichever one you see first. Okay? Please hurry."

Clint raised an eyebrow but did as I said, rushing down the stairs and out of the Homestead to go find one of the boys. I sat back in my corner and waited for one of them to show up. I got impatient just sitting around waiting, so I pulled myself off the ground and ripped off my black sweater, tying it around my waist. I was almost positive the stain on the back of my pants was covered, but you could still see the red blood on the front of my pants. I grumbled to myself and pulled at my hair.

Just then, the door burst open and I spun around to face the intruder. Newt. He scanned the room before quickly limping over to me and pulling me into a hug.

"Are you bloody alright, Clara? Why is there blood on the bed and your pants?!"

"Calm down, Newt..It's normal I guess? Here, read this."

I shoved the small stack of papers in his hands as he sat in a lone chair in my room and began to read. By the time he was finished, he looked up at me with a bright red face and wide eyes. He coughed loudly, trying to compose himself as his hand moved to the back of his neck, scratching it lightly.