Chapter5 School part1

Start from the beginning

"Sorry it's just that I think it's funny how you are trying to write and keep your things on your desk at the same time, fjaudbenajd," he whispered. He said the last part so low that I couldn't understand it. 

"It's not my fault. Syme talks so fast and makes us take a lot if notes," I whispered back. 

"And also...," he was cutoff by the bell. He sighed then said,"Your homework for tonight is to find a poem about anything and read it aloud to the class tomorrow," he said before he released us. 

"Damn, I really didn't want to have get on Google tonight," I said as Pony walked over to help me gather all my things. 

"Well I already have the perfect poem picked out. It's called 'Nothing Gold Can Stay' by Robert Frost." Pony said smiling. 

"Why don't you recite it to me?" I asked wanting to hear his beautiful voice recite the poem that must be as beautiful as him. 

"Nature's first green is gold,  

Her hardest hue to hold.  

Her early leaf's a flower;  

But only so an hour.  

Then leaf subsides to leaf.  

So Eden sank to grief,  

So dawn goes down to day.  

Nothing gold can stay." He recited beautifully. 

"That was beautiful, where did you hear that from?" I asked him amazed. 

"I can't remember, but I always remembered it 'cause I didn't know what it meant," he replied. 

"So you know what it means now?" I asked. 

"Yeah, last year Johnny explained it to me, it means your gold when your a kid, like green, everything is new to a child, he said the way I watch sunsets is gold. He said all of this when he thought he was gonna die." He said looking sad. 

"Why did he think he was going to die, what happened last year," I said concerned. 

He told me everything, from when Darry hit him to when the church burnt down. 

I subconsciously hugged him. I hadn't realized it until he returned the hug. When we stopped hugging I apologized for it. 

"It's okay," he said. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

"Yeah, it felt good to talk about and felt better to have you hug me because it lets me know I can trust you and that you'll always be here for me," he said smiling at me. I smiled back and he hugged me again and then we went to our lockers to put our books up and then headed outside to meet up with Johnny, Two-Bit, and the girls. 

"Hey guys what took y'all so long," Two-Bit joked winking at me and Pony. 

"We had to pick up all of Kathy's stuff because a Soc knocked her down," Ponyboy lied so they wouldn't know about our little moment back their. 

"Sure ya did," Two-Bit laughed. 

We rolled our eyes and headed off to the Curtis'. 

~~~~~Time Elapse~~~~~ 

We talked the entire way there. Two-Bit was wisecrackin' the whole way there. We arrived at the Curtis' and I went straight to use the computer. 

"Whatcha doin Kat?" Soda asked coming out of his and Pony's room. 

"Trynna find a poem to read to mine and Pony's English class tomorrow," I replied. 

"What kind of poem are you looking up?" 

"A sad child abuse poem." I said looking down. 

"Why a sad one? Why not a happy one?" He asked confused. 

"Because I wanna read one that touches people's hearts and I hope to get a few tears from some people," I said looking back up. 

"Well I hope you succeed kiddo," he said as he walked off. 

After about 30 minutes I finally found this one. It touched my heart so I copied it down, wiped the tears from eyes and sat there for a minute so my eyes wouldn't have red rims anymore, I don't want anyone to know I have been crying. When I finally decide that I have sat there long enough I take my poem and go to where everyone else was. 

"Hey what took you so long on finding a poem?" Pony asked me. 

"I was trying to find one that touched my heart, so that I know it would touch other people's as well," I replied smiling. 

"Can I read the one you picked?" He asked. 

"Nope, you have to wait till school tomorrow," I smirked. 

"Oh c'mon, let me be special and read it before everyone else." 

"No, no special treatment, you have to wait until tomorrow like everyone else." 

"Okay," he said pretending to be sad. 

We laughed and watched tv for about an hour or two. 

"Okay girls, it's getting kinda late, I think you should let Dallas walk you home now." Darry said puttin' his news paper down and standing up. 

"Why Dallas, why can't Two-Bit or Soda," Paige complained. 

"Because no one messes with Dal, and so you guys could learn to get along." 

"Okay whatever lets just go," I said walking out the door. 

~~~~~Time Elapse~~~~~ 

We came home laughing with tears coming from our eyes because we were laughing so hard. Man Dally can be funny when he wants to. 

"Well here y'all are, see ya tomorrow," Dal said as we walked to our porches. 

"Later Dal!" We hollered back at him. 

"Where have you girls been?" Dad asked as we walked through the door. 

"We were at the Curtis', don't worry, they are good people and we are not harmed in anyway," Paige said. 

"I wanna meet them!" Jackson said standing up. 

"Okay, after school tomorrow we will pick you up from school and take you to their house," I said smiling at him. 

"Awesome!" He said running up to his room. 

"Girls go to bed, it's getting late and it's a school night," dad said a little more calm. 

"Okay night love you," me and Paige said in sync. Today was a pretty good day. 

A/N sorry for all the time elapses, I was gonna wait till tomorrow to post the chapter but I decided to make two schools chapters so yeah enjoy:-)