Chapter One- The Accident

Hey guys! Maddie here! Thanks for reading! Before you start reading, here's a disclaimer.

1- The Avengers (excluding Lyla of course), SHIELD, Loki, Ward, Fitz and Simmons don't belong to me. They belong to Marvel.

2- Lyla, Ava, Devon, Matt, Joey, Kaitlyn (KK), their respective parents, and all of the other characters that I didn't mention above are mine. Please don't take credit for them or use them without my permission.

3- The plot, the characters (which I already mentioned), and above all, Lyla's (and maybe some people's in the future ;}) powers and the element Elementanium are things I take extreme pride in (I have no life, I know). If you take them, claim you had them first, edit them slightly and use them, or anything like that (without my permission), I will not be happy and you will be banned from reading this story (if I can do that. Otherwise I'll just make it aware on my page that I did come up with them and that you are not very nice).

3- If you don't make me upset, I like to think I am a pretty cool person to talk to. If you ever wanted me to read your story, I will (especially since I really want to read some new ones *hint hint nudge nudge*).

4- I like parentheses (a lot).

5- I wrote this on a bus in Disney World.

This story has a rocky start, but please stick with it. It only gets better from here.

-Entry created on: 5/19/2013-

This story starts off completely ordinary, which is probably the weirdest part. It sounds so innocent and simple, and then suddenly, bam! So many things happen and go wrong, all at once.

I guess that's just how my life goes.

This is how it really began.

It started off about three months after I moved out to New York after my mom died. My summer so far had been filled with making terrible YouTube videos and going back and forth to my dad's lab. My dad and I didn't talk much then, unless he specifically needed to.

When we moved to New York, he worked in a lab, where they studied new elements, element reactivities, medicine, and chemicals.

Mom used to be a scientist, too, in a different lab where she and my dad worked together. Then, one day, she was testing the reactivity of Cadmium to other elements when she accidentally ingested too much. Apparently, along with just about anything and everything else, Cadmium causes cancer. She barely had any time left. You know what happened next. My dad was heartbroken. He packed all of our stuff and moved us from our little Massachusetts town outside of Boston to huge New York City.

My friends thought it would be a good idea to set up a YouTube channel to help vent my feelings. It's called LylaTheGirl. Terrible name, I know. It's actually pretty popular. I kept the channel as a way to keep my friends up to date with my life. I was actually making a video for it only hours before my life seemingly fell apart.

Funny to think it all started with a necklace.

"I probably won't be vlogging that much this week. 'Why?!?' You may scream in despair, not wanting to miss my week. Mainly because nothing's going on this week. I will be on again next week, since I'm going to visit Ava, Devon and the Cat. So I'm sorry this is short, but that's all today folks," I finished the vlog, and clicked off my camera.

"Lyla, time to go!" My dad yelled to me from down stairs. I put down my camera, sighing, and then getting off of my bed. I grabbed my mom's locket from off of my jewlery rack and snapped it on, like I always did.