Chapter 17: Dia

-Entry created on: 5/22/2013-

In my dreams, Loki attacked again. Except this time, he wasn't the one who confronted me.

I was.

I was in the middle of a fantastic lucid dream where I traveled with the Doctor, who took my with him when he investigated Night Vale with the Winchesters.

Then, out of nowhere, the image of Cecil and Carlos telling Dean and Cas that they could totally tell that they were in love faded, and my surroundings became murky.

"Hello Lyla," My voice rolled smoothly towards me, pulling me into a stone room.

We were nearly identical. Her hair was like mine, but where mine turned blue hers turned silver. Her eyes were filled with hate and the shocking blue that had filled my father's.

"Funny seeing you here," She smirked.

"How do you keep doing this?" I asked rather angrily.

"While you were unconscious, Loki attempted to use the scepter on you, but as you weren't awake, you didn't have enough fear in you for it to work. Instead, it put me in you with no way to control you," She explained.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked suspiciously.

She shrugged. "I can't lie to myself. No matter how disgusting and ignorant I am."

"What about Clint? He said he got dreams like mine," I thought out loud.

"That was more of a way to stir up fear in him. Loki can give anyone certain dreams from anywhere. This, of course, is a special occasion. I can haunt you whenever I want," She replied.

"You sicken me," I spat.

"No, you sicken yourself."

"You're not me!" I shouted, though inside my head it sounded as loud as a whisper would have.

"If I'm not you, what's my name?" She asked.

After a moment, I replied, "Diablo."

She smirked. "Devil? Really? Fine, just call me Dia the devil."

"Well then, goodbye Dia," I waved, then pushed myself out of the dream.

The first thing I felt when I woke up was fear.

The very next, pain.

I was sore all over. A headache rolled through my head, then stuck behind my eyes. It passed soon enough, and I could focus on my surroundings.

I was in a machine. I could hear it whirring around me. I was laying on some type of surface, but I couldn't differentiate what it was exactly, as a blanket covered it and my body. My head was supported by three pillows, keeping it in place. All I could see was white plastic.

The space inside the machine was small. I could barely move left and right, and when I did, I only moved a few inches.

Suddenly, a bright white light moved across my face in a line, as if it was scanning me.

I quickly realized it was scanning me. I was in a CAT scanner.

I remembered my mother's warnings from when I was younger. She always told me not to go near these, and to never get in one. When I asked her why, she would just shake her head and say, "It's dangerous, sweet heart."

That's why I screamed.

I kicked at the plastic, screamed, and fought off the blankets. I felt the platform under me moving, but I had already switched into a gas and weaseled my way out of the evil machine.