Chapter 9: Jeo? Lemma? Fitsimmons? Fitsimmons.

I AM SO SORRY FOR MY LACK OF UPDATES! I have been writing a ton lately, some for future stories and some for this story. The main problem is that I tend to write out of order. Chapters 15, 16, 17, and 18 are all written, but chapters 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 are not. Also, I keep getting ideas for this story that effect the first chapters, which is why they have changed over time. From here on out, though, they SHOULD stay the same. Thanks for sticking with me. I promise I will update again later this week. But for now, enjoy some young FitzSimmons.

-Entry created on: 5/19/2013-

As soon as we were out of sight of the wreckage of the car, I quickly slid back into my seat. At this point, I didn't care enough to contemplate the fact that the Survivors (my subscribers, in case you've already forgotten) would probably have pieced together the fact that it's me and had a freaking panic attack. I was exhausted.

My new abilities were starting to wear me out. After using them to escape Loki, experimenting with them, and the fight we just went through, they'd decided to suck all of the energy out of me. My eyes were starting to droop, and I was at risk of drifting off right then and there. I ignored the fatigue and sat up in my seat.

"Is everyone okay?" I called up to the seats ahead of me.

"Yeah. We're nearly there. Now if nothing goes wrong, we should get there in one.... piece..." Steve stared ahead of us.

"S#!%," Tony breathed.

We were faced with Fury- who was holding a guy (who was probably only a year or two older than me) with a gun to his head- and about a hundred agents with electric blue eyes standing between us and the helicarrier. It was in the Hudson behind them with its car bridge extended.

"That's why he called us..." Bruce nodded slowly.

"We are so screwed," I whispered.

"Hello Avengers," Fury waved.

"Please, just stop," The guy with the gun to his head spoke angrilly through gritted teeth with a British accent.

I looked closer, noticing that his eyes were the only ones that weren't the off-putting blue. His were bluish-gray, and he had curly light brown hair. He wore a dark blue stripped polo and dark jeans. He had his hand jammed in one pocket, seeming to be trying to get something out of his pocket.

"Let him go, Fury. This isn't you," Steve called to him.

"Good thinking Cap', if we use manners he'll see the errors of his ways and invite us to tea!" Tony shot at him sarcastically.

"Time and a place, Tony," I whispered quickly.

"Leo! LEO!" A girl, also roughly my age, started frantically trying to push through the agents to get to the front. She also spoke with an accent.

"Jemma, I'm fine, just get back inside," The boy, who was apparently Leo, called back to her.

"DIRECTOR FURY!" Thor had moved to the hood of Tony's car and was swinging his hammer. "LET THE CHILD GO!"

"Thor, please, not the hood," Tony tried desprately to save his car.

"Actually, I'm not a child," Leo tried desprately to save his dwindling self asteem.

"Shut it Fiz," Fury pressed the gun closer to poor Leo's head.

"Actually, it's Fitz. With a T?"

"I don't care."

Leo just nodded slowly. If I wasn't trying to save his life, I would probably be crushing on him. Or shipping him with Jemma. Or both.

I was out of my seat now, joining Thor on the hood.